KSP Duna lander Hopper test run

Hello Everyone. For those that don't know I have a youtube channel named CharlesB [snip]. I don't really like SSTO because space planes are in general too complicated. I like to stick with rockets more because they are easily to tackle with most of the time and fix the problem. For mods I can not run Scatterer because I have a DirectX and it requires a GTX component. I use Mech Jeb and Engineer for all for assent, maneuver nodes, and rotation docking sometimes for combine spacecraft. I also use hanger extender, better time warp, Transfer Window Planner, and Editor Extensions Redux. For those that don't know, It is just my particular taste of Kerbal Space Program, I only came across mods by myself when I stumbled across it myself in a Kerbal teaching Class. My teacher said that KIS and KAS is good for Stations and Bases although I don't use them but I will occasionally use them once in a wile. ok back to the topic. 

From Starting at January 18 2019, I will be using Kerbal Space Program 1.6.1 for my videos until a new update happens. Just an information thingy. I want to let you know I really really don't want to be accused of having these mods but hacks are fine nag on me for that unless if it is for an April fools video or something around that. for spelling corrections feel free to comment out and be sure to put the exact time that it happens, When you do it just simply pause the video and look to the bottom left of the screen and see the numbers of the time in the video. I would thank you a whole lot for that. Also I only have one KSP video out now and that is something I did for fun. 

Here

This may sound repetitive btw side note for next sentence. For those who feel interested in helping out please subscribe and feel free to leave a like and I do hope you all have a great Sol "Day" Cya all later!

This was made by Edward3020 down below 

Snark edited this.

Edited by EdwardB3020
Redacted and title adjusted by moderator

Hi @EdwardB3020, and thanks for sharing your video here!  :)

Thread moved to Spacecraft Exchange, which is better suited to this sort of thing.  The original title and the start of your post contained some content that's off-topic for the KSP forums, so we've taken the liberty of slightly redacting the post, and re-titled the post to match your video.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us privately about it.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 2:16 PM, EdwardB3020 said:

I don't really like SSTO because space planes are in general too complicated. I like to stick with rockets more because they are easily to tackle with most of the time and fix the problem.

You and me both, @EdwardB3020. Nice lander design, by the way; simple, yet effective. I just have some questions.

1. What's the Delta-V for that lander when fully gassed up?
  2. Did you also conceal Baguette fuel tanks in the main body? Nothing wrong with that, just makes it a bit tricky (but not impossible) for refueling trucks.
  3. Are the Thud engines necessary? Maybe they're reducing your delta-V for the lander?
    1. Keep in mind that Duna's surface gravity is 2.94 m/s2.

Below are some pictures of my three-man lander in a test run on Duna. Basically, it landed next to a refueling truck and deployed parachutes during the descent, then it got refueled by a truck waiting for it. After it was fully loaded, I sent it back into Duna orbit - waiting for the crew to arrive. After all, you can't repack your chutes without an engineer.

b6FjYO6.jpg

f3TLQHC.jpg

Nice view, isn't it?

Now THAT'S what I call an Single-Stage to Orbit; DUNA Orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.