Building buildings with Kerbal Konstructs

MSA

Hello. I just downloaded the mod Kerbal Konstructs (and Kerbin Side). I messed around with it, built a few launch complexes and launched from them. But my only question is: is there a way to make custom buildings IN GAME. Like walls, windows or other things. I didn’t find anything on the forums or online so can anyone help me?

On 1/30/2019 at 11:18 PM, Tig said:

I know that saying "hey, make your own 3d models!" is probably not the answer you wanted to hear.  :D

I got blender a while back. I don’t have unity though So is there a way to make the collision mesh in blender or would I half to get unity?

19 minutes ago, MSA said:

I don’t have unity though So is there a way to make the collision mesh in blender

You could make a collision mesh in blender, but for best results the model needs to go through unity.  Also  re  modular building assets,  ie , wall doors windows etc,  I've tried it and even on a simple scale neither KK or KSP like it very much, the problem is that you end up with hundreds of individual collision boxes, each one  requiring the same management as a fully complete 1 part building,  all of which results in much more lag than the average player would be happy with

Spoiler

The thing below now abandoned is around 30 pieces, which resulted, on top of those statics already placed, in a fully yellow clock with trips into the red when the  construction was  the focus of attention

IUBGPHZ.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.