I like it

Hotel26

We back to Likes in this forum?  Pinch me; I'm dreaming.  Yay!  Can't believe no one else has mentioned it already (a perfunctory search "No Results").

Anyway.  Great.  To whom do I (we all) owe the gratitude?  I'm betting it was the Moderators.  They always have shown a great deal of Common Sense!

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

[snip]

I do appreciate the advice; thank you!  It was pretty much -- like just about everything I write -- written in jest.  Just because I was on the subject of Likes

I think I'd like to change the topic, in retrospect, to: How Do You Know When You've Been Playing Too Much KSP AND/OR Spending Too Much Time In The Forum?  :)  Again: just kidding.  But I can't believe I spaced out like that.  I need to go lie down.  I had been pretty sure the word "Like" had been completely torn out of the forum...

Edited by Vanamonde

21 minutes ago, Hotel26 said:

I had been pretty sure the word "Like" had been completely torn out of the forum...

I think you're right about that, it was just "reacts" for awhile wasn't it?

Like "so and so reacted to this!"

Well...actually it still says that but it also says "like" when you mouse over it so....I'm confused lol.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

Wow, i dont even get why anyone cares about these so called "likes" (doesnt make you any more or less important imo), this isnt facebook last i checked :)

That said, ill be perfectly honest and say that ive not once pushed the like button on any post, if i liked something or had something to add id quote it and reply to it, not mindlessly push a like button beside it for no reason, but maybee im just different or something from most of the online community...

24 minutes ago, panzer1b said:

Wow, i dont even get why anyone cares about these so called "likes" (doesnt make you any more or less important imo), this isnt facebook last i checked :)

That said, ill be perfectly honest and say that ive not once pushed the like button on any post, if i liked something or had something to add id quote it and reply to it, not mindlessly push a like button beside it for no reason, but maybee im just different or something from most of the online community...

Whilst I agree they are pointless, and I hate all things Facebook/Twitter/etc...

I use them for;

• When I like what someone has said but having nothing substantial to add to the thread myself. So I "like" it but don't respond otherwise.
  • When I really like something someone has said I both respond and "like" it so as to communicate that fact to them.
  • It also sends the person a notification, so if you are going to respond to someone and not quote them; a "like" will get their attention so they might see your post.
  • Other people use them and value them, so I take part in it as a sort of "social contract."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.