Gameslinx

[1.7.1] Beyond Home 1.2.0 - After Kerbol has Died - HUGE UPDATE

Recommended Posts

The update is taking a little longer than expected because I want to do a bit more with it, and it involves learning some new techniques. I hope you all don't mind!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YqOYU3j.jpg

Small update to Hydrus :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Destiny and Fate are getting new textures! I've already finished destiny, but Fate is still as ugly as it is right now :P

unknown.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gameslinx, I notice I don't see much of your stuff on CKAN. Are you not supporting it? Just curious so I know if I should get the manual download or wait a bit more for a CKAN release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AmpCat said:

@Gameslinx, I notice I don't see much of your stuff on CKAN. Are you not supporting it? Just curious so I know if I should get the manual download or wait a bit more for a CKAN release.

CKAN is really unfriendly to the modder. With planet mods, an awful lot can go wrong when using ckan so I stick to a manual download

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

CKAN is really unfriendly to the modder. With planet mods, an awful lot can go wrong when using ckan so I stick to a manual download

Understand. I wish there were a built in, supported mod manager in KSP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hmm, I've got a KSC base (I turned on extra launch sites for this game), but I launched from Rhode mountain top, and now it doesn't take me back to KSP to the buildings. Only way to get into them is the buttons on the left hand side. Is this intentional?

Edit: Okay, I just used the KK button to re-select KSC as my launch site, and I'm back with all the clickable buildings.

Edited by AmpCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AmpCat said:

Hmm, I've got a KSC base (I turned on extra launch sites for this game), but I launched from Rhode mountain top, and now it doesn't take me back to KSP to the buildings. Only way to get into them is the buttons on the left hand side. Is this intentional?

Edit: Okay, I just used the KK button to re-select KSC as my launch site, and I'm back with all the clickable buildings.

Yeah it's a KK bug I'm afraid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Yeah it's a KK bug I'm afraid

I found an option in the KK menu that I think is checked by default, to center on the last launch site. If you deselect it, you don't get this happening. Though you still get the camera put underwater/ground quite a bit. I think this is a Kopernicus issue, if I remember. Going into the VAB and back out fixes it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ran into another issue with the planet Rhode: Some of the landmarks, (such as the pyramids) don't seem to be around. You probably already know this, but wanted to be sure.

Edit: And yes, I know it might be intentional. Maybe issue is the wrong word. :) 

Edited by AmpCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AmpCat said:

Ran into another issue with the planet Rhode: Some of the landmarks, (such as the pyramids) don't seem to be around. You probably already know this, but wanted to be sure.

Edit: And yes, I know it might be intentional. Maybe issue is the wrong word. :) 

There's a cave behind and to the left of the KSC on the mountains if you face backwards :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

There's a cave behind and to the left of the KSC on the mountains if you face backwards :P

Wow. I was wondering. The pyramids were showing up on my hud but seemed to be inside the mountain. I figured it was just glitched. Bravo. :)

Edit: Okay, another quick question.. short of a dV map and trial and error, is there a scanner, or something in the space center that would tell me the altitude of an atmosphere on a given planet?

Edited by AmpCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gameslinx, I'm not finding any sort of cave for the pyramids out near the desert airfield. Does it also have one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AmpCat said:

@Gameslinx, I'm not finding any sort of cave for the pyramids out near the desert airfield. Does it also have one?

Not near the desert airfield, near the main KSC. If you have Kerbal Konstructs installed there should be a cave on the top of the mountains just out of sight from the KSC. Either that, or I forgot to include them in the last patch lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw some sort of mound with holes in it, but didn't see pyramids. I had the Making Aircraft Matter contract mod, and it gives a contract to visit the pyramids, but has the waypoint at the old coordinates. Which also seems to have a giant mesa. So was wondering if the mesa was related to the pyramids.

Another question... I noticed there's size/weight limits to the other launch sites. Is there the possibility of upgrading them somehow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Okay, I've encountered a bad KK related bug. I launched from Lua, then when I clicked 'Space Center' from flight, it put the camera on the ground somewhere, but there's no buttons anywhere. Reloading the save doesn't help, though loading a quick save when I was focused on a ship does put me back in the ship. The only way I could even load the game was F9. Not sure how to get back to the space center now. Ideas? Need logs?

Edit: Okay, killing the game (had to go to the task manager) and reloading got me back to KSC. I'll let you know if I run into this again.

Edit2: Okay.. even then, when I used the tracking station to fly my ship, then went back to the space center, the same problem occurred. I noticed in the debug console a null pointer error or something of that sort. (I can get you details if you want). So I killed the game, started it up again and loaded the save, then while I was still at the KSC, I went into the hangar, hit the KK toolbar button and set the launch site back to KSC from Lua. THAT seems to have actually fixed it.

@Gameslinx, not sure if there's a way to force KK to always default back to KSC, but that could remedy this and the other issue I had.

Edited by AmpCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AmpCat said:

@Gameslinx, not sure if there's a way to force KK to always default back to KSC, but that could remedy this and the other issue I had.

Apparently in the KK settings either in the main menu or ingame, you can make it go back to the proper KSC. Until then, i'd raise this issue on the Kerbal Konstructs forum page rather than here because I can't fix any problems with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found out this pack existed last night, so I downloaded it this afternoon when I got home. Beautiful planets so far and nice built features/scatters! I need to upgrade my pc to handle EVE better...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PhoenixRise86 said:

I just found out this pack existed last night, so I downloaded it this afternoon when I got home. Beautiful planets so far and nice built features/scatters! I need to upgrade my pc to handle EVE better...

Thank you! I hope you enjoy the mod :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just wondering if there is a way to make the lava lakes on Ash actually glow so they can be seen even on the dark side of the moon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Raptor42 said:

I was just wondering if there is a way to make the lava lakes on Ash actually glow so they can be seen even on the dark side of the moon.

Kopernicus Expansion does it, but I haven't added support for it just yet

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Bavar1017 said:

I guess this is not principia optimized?

It is not, unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully this will show up , great Mod , liking it a lot 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.