[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

So ive since decided against rescaling Rhode alone. Im going to go for the 2.5x. How is this done exactly? I see the settings in the.. settings file for Sigma. Is it just the rescale value I set to 2.5 and... that's it?

Also. I asked in my previous post about using SD for rescale vs just editing the raw config file. You advised against it. I want to change the gravity of Rhode to 1. That's it beyond the overall rescale that ill use SD to do. Do I have to create my own config file for that or can I just edit Rhodes?

12 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

So ive since decided against rescaling Rhode alone. Im going to go for the 2.5x. How is this done exactly? I see the settings in the.. settings file for Sigma. Is it just the rescale value I set to 2.5 and... that's it?

Also. I asked in my previous post about using SD for rescale vs just editing the raw config file. You advised against it. I want to change the gravity of Rhode to 1. That's it beyond the overall rescale that ill use SD to do. Do I have to create my own config file for that or can I just edit Rhodes?

SD contains a readme file that explains fairly well all the settings and what they do.

for a normal rescale 2.5x you would usually need to change:

Resize = 2.5  (this will change the size of the planets)
Rescale = 2.5 (this will change the size of the orbits)
Atmosphere = whatever (this will change the scale of the atmosphere, I don't know what's best for 2.5x, I guess it depends on your taste)
dayLengthMultiplier = you usually want this to be the square root of the Rescale (so in this case ~1.58)

SD can also change the gravity, when rescaling SD will keep constant the gravity at surface level of the planet.

if you want to change only rhode you might as well just go into its cfg and change the geeASL to 1 (assuming rhode has that value, otherwise just add it in there)

A new, very different to me, bug with planetary surfaces.

I'm visiting Anger with a probe. In map view it looks fine. When exiting map view, it only renders the surface that is a certain distance away from me. So when I zoom in on my probe, it doesn't show the surface. When I'm zoomed way out, it does show the surface.

Makes it slightly difficult to land. :)

Screenshots with and without bug: https://imgur.com/a/z84fRu3

Log: https://gofile.io/d/9XLTke

3 minutes ago, Hpl said:

:O

is the update just support for 1.9.1 or anything changed?

Nothing has changed yet, but I'm looking for and bug reports that may come with the new Kopernicus.

Normally I wouldn't update this early after a Kopernicus release, but since it is no longer managed by TMSP, there may need to be bug fixes. Consider this a pre release

Edited by Gameslinx

2 hours ago, siderr said:

Updated Kopernicus to the last fork, all looks pretty smooth, only bug so far was sun-flare missing, fixed by restarting game.

huh.... i had no issue when i loaded it with the 1.9.1 kopernicus. though rhode's oceans were black voids. it was fixed when i got EVE and Scatterer.

5 minutes ago, dragonblackultra0113@gmail said:

Stupid question but do I install by dropping the beyond home folder in the game data?

that's a big no-no, you take the files from the BeyondHome folder and put them into KSP Gamedata. If you the whole folder it messes stuff up

And if i were you, download ckan to download KSP mod easier