PS4 screenshots of stuff we’ve built.

My son (12) and I tinker with KSP on PS4. One day I will have my PC again.  Until then, I’m stuck skimming the top of what KSP can do. I hope I’m posting this correctly.

Everything here flies controls and lands. It’s kind of a weird peeve if they don’t. I’ve sat for over an hour once just making a plane fly. It was a crazy awesome vtol that worked great but was tough to fly. Stupid save problem deleted it, but I will be rebuilding it. 

This is first plane we built in KSP. Thought this made a cool pic. What’s with the monoliths? 

ksHRJYv.jpg

My son and I had a little challenge. Make the fastest plane within the atmosphere. Simple rules: it has to take off speed and land. Everything else was open. This was my entry at topping out at 1582m/s (admittedly in a negative grade). 

5hjw24m.jpg

This was his. He never could land it, so I won, but his topped out at almost 1700m/s.

NjHrMJf.jpg

kpJygFx.jpg

In trying to explain what little I know about aerodynamics, Bernoulli’s principle, Venturi and such, I came across a forward swept wing and he was enamoured. So I made him one. I’m not sure the lift characteristics match a true FSW.

0siL7eS.jpg

rNxrjfL.jpg

I made this little weirdo today. It takes off, flies around and lands! Just a little puddle jumper. It’s the little brother to the next one. 

PZZMQQ5.jpg

arWjrqS.jpg

This beast is made for retrieval! I called it the crawler, but that’s not really accurate. The idea is that you take it out, land on a downed vehicle, claw it up, and take it back to base. Like a big tow truck. Yes, I am aware there is a button for that. Haha!!

NWI871a.jpg

GLNbCgL.jpg

This oddity barely flew. I think those intakes are causing too much drag up front. I may tinker with those another day. 

rdT7DyK.jpg

This is a little speedy rover I tinkered with for a bit. That 43 was my best speed. 

KKySlXG.jpg

This lil feller shoots like a bullet if you can keep it level at takeoff. 

bCC5X7K.jpg

Sometimes things don’t line up just right. Yeah. I test launched that. It went exactly as expected. 

N8Ozeub.jpg

I’m a nerd, so I had to at least attemp some sci-fi. The tie interceptor is the one exception to my “has to fly” rule. The xwing  isn’t done yet. 

aLpvao8.jpg

k3R7LAV.jpg

I called this one the mule. It’s used for taking dockable parts to space and make a bigger craft.

vHNCaVF.jpg

These are my sons planes. He’s got an imagination. 

This is his latest. He drew his inspiration from an SR-71. Another awesome plane he just learned about.  

r5xVNHB.jpg

Leave it to a 12 year old to weaponize a peaceful game. These “missiles” actually do fire off and hit (fairly well) their target. 

5JGmfOm.jpg

Now, this little number is a beauty! I have not seen him fly it yet. I don’t think he has. But I love where his head is at!!

vx9EtTh.jpg

vXy3q7p.jpg

Welp, that’s the end of my list! Any tips for muddling through this game, stock, on console?  I will be rebuilding my vtol soon. That one will have to have video to show that awesomeness!! 

Edited by Nytr013
Missing pic

I shot a video of my second vtol build. It’s not the smoothest take off, and I’ve definitely had better landings. Haha!!

I’m not sure what happened with the darts at 2:18, but I need more fuel  

Edited by Nytr013

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.