What are some small changes you want made?

6 minutes ago, Aelipse said:

I don't think anyone has ever come up with such a minuscule and insignificant idea as this, but... Could the landing gears have their lights switched off until they're fully deployed? Seeing my landing gears shine through the hull of my spaceship while they're retracted is mildly immersion-breaking. :-)

You can actually take the landing gear lights out of the light action group and then put them in a separate action group.  Then just switch them on when ready. It is not automatic, but it is a reasonable work-around.

1- a magical symmetry button in the top of the inflight part menu. (right by the close menu button) This magical button, when clicked, will apply changes to any other part in symmetry with the selected one. IE if click this button on the menu for a solar panel and hit "deploy solar panel" it will deploy the solar panels of all other solar arrays placed in symmetry with that part. This would make repetitive tasks much faster, and not cover your screen with part menus when trying to transfer fuel from a ring of 16 tanks.

2- speaking of part menus, please have a way to make them popup away from the center of the screen, blocking the ability to select other things as needed.

3- at least one aerodynamic nosecone that can be used as a heatshield. (a REAL heatshield, IE ablator, and the ability to aerobrake from eloo in one go.)

4- help me get my old account back :(

GUI to show and edit bound action groups on current vessel post-launch.

12-way symmetry in editor, and 4-way mirror symmetry so I can make X-Wing-shaped crosses easily.

Dynamic reduction of control surface authority as craft surface velocity increases (configurable to, for example, scale back to 30% at 1000m/s), so I don't permanently sacrifice low-speed manoeuvrability to avoid KOing pilots every time I turn at hypersonic speed. Sure, control authority is is a tweakable that can be adjusted mid-flight, but quickly and precisely for all control surfaces fluidly across all velocity ranges? Nah.

Edited by Guest

It may seem small or dumb, but I'd love to have some of the features of Texture Replacer in the stock game. Stuff like:

- More suits to pick from (Breaking Ground already gives us an extra suit)
- More 'heads'/hair to pick from for both genders.
- Maybe even the ability to create our own colored suits or even more complex changes to the suit textures ingame, or at least a native tool.

The a

14 hours ago, Aelipse said:

I don't think anyone has ever come up with such a minuscule and insignificant idea as this, but... Could the landing gears have their lights switched off until they're fully deployed? Seeing my landing gears shine through the hull of my spaceship while they're retracted is mildly immersion-breaking. :-)

Just put the lights in the gear action group so they toggle on/off with gear extension/retraction.

I want to be able to get rid of the EVA parachute when I'm in vacuum.

A button for deleting all the messages on completed contracts. I currently have some 2000 of them and I am not deleting them one by one, oh no.

EDIT: Another important one! A button in VAB / Hangar that drains or refills all the fuel on your craft. Very important for building space planes that maintain their balance with both full and empty tanks.

Edited by Aelipse

On 7/23/2019 at 5:59 PM, Klapaucius said:

You can actually take the landing gear lights out of the light action group and then put them in a separate action group.  Then just switch them on when ready. It is not automatic, but it is a reasonable work-around.

Would seem logical to maybe make them automatic by removing them from the lights action group "U" key, and add them to the deploy landing gear group "G" key.  When gear is deployed the landing gear lights are on; when the gear is retracted, the lights are off.  Honestly, I'm not sure why I didn't think of that before!   ...and if the lights are out of sequence with the gear being deployed at launch, you just add "Lights On" to your Staging assignments to synch them up! 

I must go tinker with my craft key assignments now.

BTW...  I asked Jeb why he assigned lights to the "U" key.  Turns out that there was an embarrassing mixup one time with "L" being assigned for Lights and Launch.  To avoid further mishaps, all lights have since been assigned to the "U" or "undark" key.  ...and Jeb says, "You're welcome!"

Edited by XLjedi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.