Use the new revise models, please!

Jestersage

6 minutes ago, Jestersage said:

I know what is shown is the alpha, but is it possible to use the revised models? I hate to say it, but the revised models looks so much better.

Every part from KSP 1 will be in KSP 2 and it will have improved textures and models.

9 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Every part from KSP 1 will be in KSP 2 and it will have improved textures and models.

Yes, but on the moon lander they used the old poodle with the tiny nozzle rather than the two engine ones. 
Yes it might be as its the best known but the new looks much better. 

3 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

Yes, but on the moon lander they used the old poodle with the tiny nozzle rather than the two engine ones. 
Yes it might be as its the best known but the new looks much better. 

Well, they did start work on KSP 2 before the poodle was changed. They may have thr new poodle engine at launch.

Like I said somewhere else, they were most likely going with placeholders, you know, to make the game work, not look. Parts reworks are very likely to be done. (I mean come on, Mainsail? Hello? SQUAD, I'm looking at you)

37 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Like I said somewhere else, they were most likely going with placeholders, you know, to make the game work, not look. Parts reworks are very likely to be done. (I mean come on, Mainsail? Hello? SQUAD, I'm looking at you)

I doubt there will be many place holders at launch. After all, they've been working on this for over 2 years

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I doubt there will be many place holders at launch. After all, they've been working on this for over 2 years

Squad's been working on KSP1 for 8 years and they just recently starting replacing placeholders.

Though, I agree, I think KSP2 will release basically complete.

I feel that KSP1 since the start of development of KSP 2 is trying to make it's parks more realistically looking while KSP 2 will continue the kerbal fashion. KSP1 is Now, in real life and KSP 2 will be kerbalish near future. That's where I think they're going.

7 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Little erratum, they said a lot ksp 1 parts will be in ksp 2, but not all. For exemple the Mammoth engine won't be included in KSP2, because they want us to mix motors rather than having multi engines parts... 

8 minutes ago, Kaerbanogue said:

Little erratum, they said a lot ksp 1 parts will be in ksp 2, but not all. For exemple the Mammoth engine won't be included in KSP2, because they want us to mix motors rather than having multi engines parts... 

I don't really like that idea. Having multi-nossled engines cuts down the part count. Although, KSP 2 would boast better performance. 

7 hours ago, Kaerbanogue said:

As long as there is a low cost version of RS-25, which is what mammoth in a way is.

7 hours ago, RocketSimplicity said:

I feel that KSP1 since the start of development of KSP 2 is trying to make it's parks more realistically looking while KSP 2 will continue the kerbal fashion. KSP1 is Now, in real life and KSP 2 will be kerbalish near future. That's where I think they're going.

Quite possible, the only issue I have with the old poodle is the tiny nozzle who don't make sense for a vacuum engine. 
And yes many of the new engines is based on real world engines, new poodle looks like the two engine variant for centaur. 
The real part is not very important for me, perfect happy with an vacuum engine variant sized like an T45 smaller engine and lower trust but higher vacuum isp. 

Perhaps also some more sleek solutions than the trust plates, Some tubing would look nice.