Clearable terrain scatter

pandaman

With the KSP2 scatter now being collideable and potentially 'getting in the way' could they include a feature to clear scatter from a given area?

Effectively clearing ground to make simple runways etc, so not 'terraforming' or laying tarmac (which wouid be nice though), just shifting the rocks out of the way.

I expect the runways and such be lifted slightly above the ground like on the picture here ss_2bff8169d87a84f30efb67ee3a1cefa1fe28f in any case, I think that dealing with ground is part of the gameplay, you wouldn't want to build your base in a forest, would you? Looking for a good place sounds fun and is a bit of challenge. And even if you would, I believe we will get some structures to deal with the terrain (like we saw at the end of the trailer)

3 hours ago, pandaman said:

With the KSP2 scatter now being collideable and potentially 'getting in the way' could they include a feature to clear scatter from a given area?

Effectively clearing ground to make simple runways etc, so not 'terraforming' or laying tarmac (which wouid be nice though), just shifting the rocks out of the way.

They should make it resource you can collect by vacuuming it up.

21 hours ago, The Aziz said:

I expect the runways and such be lifted slightly above the ground like on the picture here ss_2bff8169d87a84f30efb67ee3a1cefa1fe28f in any case, I think that dealing with ground is part of the gameplay, you wouldn't want to build your base in a forest, would you? Looking for a good place sounds fun and is a bit of challenge. And even if you would, I believe we will get some structures to deal with the terrain (like we saw at the end of the trailer)

I do agree with you here, dealing with the terrain and finding decent landing spots is a good gameplay aspect.  Constructed runways etc would be stuck on top of the terrain, as they are now.

I was thinking of a simple way to create a very basic 'safer' landing area etc, without altering the actual terrain at all, just shove the rocks out of the way.  So for a runway you would still need  to find a flatish area,  Larger rocks or trees etc should probably require appopriate tools or equipnent, so there would need to be limits to what can be cleared by hand, so selecting a suitable location is still crucial.