[1.12+] Less Real Than Real(ism) - RP-1 With Less 'R' [v2.0.6]

Pehvbot

8 hours ago, Pointblank66 said:

Got an issue with BDB and LRTR. This part especially isn't getting correctly rescaled.
Before installing LRTR
unknown.png

And after installing LRTR
unknown.png

Can this be fixed?

Is the part a fairing base?  The rescaler scales fairings asymmetrically.  I did this because stock fairing bases are too thick when scales 'correctly'. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Vovical said:

Is there a way to use the mod without the resized but rather the rebalance, as if playing with Smurff? The part resizing breaks my existing craft files and SMURFF doesn’t work for me

Yes, but doing this will also break your craft builds and it’s completely untested and means editing the rescale.cfg file.  I think there’s a description up thread on some pointers to how to do this  

A good option might be to use KSRSS, the Kerbal Sized Real Solar System mod instead of RSS. Existing craft should work just fine and LRTR is fully balanced for it. 

12 hours ago, Pehvbot said:

Yes, but doing this will also break your craft builds and it’s completely untested and means editing the rescale.cfg file.  I think there’s a description up thread on some pointers to how to do this  

A good option might be to use KSRSS, the Kerbal Sized Real Solar System mod instead of RSS. Existing craft should work just fine and LRTR is fully balanced for it. 

Yeah I opted to just use KSRSS instead. I prefer the scale of RSS but oh well.

May I ask, what is the purpose of LRTR on KSRSS? Since the parts are already balanced for KSRSS/2.5xKSRSS. Is it for RP-1 features?

7 minutes ago, Vovical said:

Yeah I opted to just use KSRSS instead. I prefer the scale of RSS but oh well.

May I ask, what is the purpose of LRTR on KSRSS? Since the parts are already balanced for KSRSS/2.5xKSRSS. Is it for RP-1 features?

Yep.  It gives the RP-1 tech tree, contract tree, etc for stock sized worlds.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Russekof71 said:

Hello, I would like to play in sandbox but the patch which looks like RP-01 prevents me from playing correctly in sandbox what do you advise me?

One possible issue is that sandbox does not turn off the Kerbal Construction Time feature automatically.  If you want to turn that off, go to the main KSC scene, right click on the KCT icon at the bottom, and de-select the 'Mod Enabled' button.

Another is the crew training.  To disable crew training go to the game Difficulty Options, look for LRTR, and unclick the crew options.

If it's something else, let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Zyberdash said:

Hello this mod seems to disable my mechjeb2 altogether in sandbox (haven't tried the career mode).  Is this something known?

There may be two things going on here.  One is that mechjeb is removed form most parts and you need to use the mechjeb part itself.  The other (and I'm not sure if this is a problem in sandbox) is that the techtree info is somewhat broken.

Try removing GameData/LRTR/support/mechjeb.cfg to see if things work as expected.

23 hours ago, Zyberdash said:

Hello this mod seems to disable my mechjeb2 altogether in sandbox (haven't tried the career mode).  Is this something known?

I can assure you it does work even in sandbox. Make sure you use the mechjeb case part (or have MechJeb For All mod), and that when you create your game you check that option "All part upgrades available in sandbox" or something like that, because AFAIK the mechJeb modules are upgrades unlocked from the tech tree so you probably need that option

I just noticed I was playing for a long time with a broken config, probably due to a conflict between the rescaler and CryoTanks Fuel Tank Switcher patch. Now I feel very stupid because my tanks have lower mass than they apparently should:

fPCt1yE.png

Notice how the dry mass of the LF/OX setting remains the same as it should with LRTR only. But on the second image, some tanks (LH2) have negative dry masses! 
Playing the stock game with CryoTanks should give these dry masses for this tank:

lf+ox=2 t
lh2+ox=0.892 t
lh2=0.84 t
lch4=1.135 t
lch4+ox=1.676 t

I know that CryoTanks is not officialy supported, but do you think there is something we can do? If not, I'll try to make a patch myself to remove the B9PartSwitches from CryoTanks and make one exclusively for LRTR.

On 3/21/2023 at 5:26 PM, mateusviccari said:

I just noticed I was playing for a long time with a broken config, probably due to a conflict between the rescaler and CryoTanks Fuel Tank Switcher patch. Now I feel very stupid because my tanks have lower mass than they apparently should:

fPCt1yE.png

Notice how the dry mass of the LF/OX setting remains the same as it should with LRTR only. But on the second image, some tanks (LH2) have negative dry masses! 
Playing the stock game with CryoTanks should give these dry masses for this tank:

lf+ox=2 t
lh2+ox=0.892 t
lh2=0.84 t
lch4=1.135 t
lch4+ox=1.676 t

I know that CryoTanks is not officialy supported, but do you think there is something we can do? If not, I'll try to make a patch myself to remove the B9PartSwitches from CryoTanks and make one exclusively for LRTR.

Unfortunately I won't have time to work on this for a while so I would say give it a shot.  I don't know where CryoTank  changes the dry mass but it may be basing the numbers on a stock sized tank.  If you can find where it does this you might be able to adjust these number either directly or using a MM patch.

On 3/24/2023 at 3:14 AM, Pehvbot said:

Unfortunately I won't have time to work on this for a while so I would say give it a shot.  I don't know where CryoTank  changes the dry mass but it may be basing the numbers on a stock sized tank.  If you can find where it does this you might be able to adjust these number either directly or using a MM patch.

Done! Took me a good time to figure out what was happening on cryo tanks side, but the patch itself is quite simple. Turns out it was considering the stock dry mass/volume ratio instead of the rescaler. I just submitted a pull request if you're interested. It fixed the switcher from both stock and procedural parts tanks when using the rescaler, I don't think it will impact anywhere else.

1 hour ago, mateusviccari said:

Is it OK if I make some changes to the tech tree, to accommodate the engines from cryo engines?

Absolutely, the default placement isn't great.  I'll be back in the real world in a week or so.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Wheat Bread said:

Is this mod compatible with Kerbal Konstructs, because i've tried to launch from a kk pad and it always spawns me on the KSC launch pad

No clue but the only thing that messes with launching is Kerbal Construction Time.  Because it's a modified version of the RP-1 version (e.g. not the stock version), it's certainly possible this is the cause.  Does it still do this if you disable KCT?

39 minutes ago, Pehvbot said:

No clue but the only thing that messes with launching is Kerbal Construction Time.  Because it's a modified version of the RP-1 version (e.g. not the stock version), it's certainly possible this is the cause.  Does it still do this if you disable KCT?

Yes it does, i've even deleted the kct folder and it still does this.

Edited by Wheat Bread

16 minutes ago, Wheat Bread said:

Yes it does, i've even deleted the kct folder and it still does this.

Word of warning:  KCT is fully integrated with LRTR (as it is with RP-1), so deleting it will break other things as well.   You'll need to replace it once you are done testing.

Beyond that, there's nothing else in LRTR that touches launches.  What happens if you remove LRTR entirely?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.