[1.12+] Less Real Than Real(ism) - RP-1 With Less 'R' [v2.0.6]

Pehvbot

Hi, can you make a release for 1.12 that only includes the rescaler (no RP-1, custombarnkit is only on 1.11?) on CKAN? I just want to play Kerbal with real planets and real delta v... it should work with FASA Saturn V and US Probes (Cassini, Galileo) right? 

5 hours ago, Eddy119 said:

Hi, can you make a release for 1.12 that only includes the rescaler (no RP-1, custombarnkit is only on 1.11?) on CKAN? I just want to play Kerbal with real planets and real delta v... it should work with FASA Saturn V and US Probes (Cassini, Galileo) right? 

No really (way too much work!) but you can disable everything you don't want.  The settings are scattered around a bit.  Some of them (including custombarnkit) are disabled from the config.cfg file, some of them are disabled in the LRTR game settings, and the KCT is disabled from its own window in the main game window. 

I've been playing and testing the beta version (see above) in 1.12 with custombarnkit, so it does work, but you won't need it if you disable it in the config.cfg file.

FASA should work but I've never tested US Probes.   Most untested mods work, but some of them have had problems.  NOTE:  The engine performance and tank sizes are not real world accurate.  It will be fairly close but not good for exact recreations.  It's 'Less Real' for a reason :P

12 hours ago, Eddy119 said:

Hey, but it should work better than ROMini or SMURFF, right? Also, custombarnkit is just the latest release for 1.11?

The rescaler code is a full rewrite of ROMini.  It fixes some bugs and adds in support for variants, fairing interstages, upgrades, and mods like RealFuels, as well as a handful of other things.  I think it works much better, but then again I'm a little biased.

I like SMURFF but this is trying to do something slightly differently.  SMURFF is more 'Kerbal', this is more 'real'.  If you are looking for a way to play with real scale parts but without worrying about some of the details of RO, this is the mod.

I think custombarnkit does work in 1.12, it's just not officially supported at that level.  This happens a lot.  Sometimes it's because there are still some minor issues that need to be ironed out, sometimes it's because the dev has either stopped working on it entirely or hasn't had the time to give it their official stamp of approval. 

For us players it usually means we try it and if it works great, and if not we either need to wait for the devs, or if we feel like diving into the code, fixing it ourselves.  LRTR was basically me wanting to play in RSS without RO but having problems with ROMini, so I just gave it a shot fixing it.  Things got a little out of hand.

4 hours ago, Eddy119 said:

Where did the seismometer (accelerometer?) go? How do I disable part replacements? And enable alarm clock support? 

update: heh, the camera is (still looks like) the science jr

3 hours ago, Eddy119 said:

heh, the camera is (still looks like) the science jr 

Yeah, those are from the RP-1 science rebuild.  RP-1 science reuses the science jr. as an early camera and disables the seismometer.  You can disable all the RP-1 science stuff in the config.cfg file and bring back all the stock parts and science but that may not work in career mode since you will be starved of science with the stock settings in the very early game.  You could just cheat in some science to kick start things if you wanted.  Something like 50 points should do it.

The alarm clock stuff should 'just work', at least in theory.  Things are a bit awkward right now.  The 1.11 version on CKAN uses an older version of RP-1 without alarm clock support for kerbal training/classes.  The new 1.12 version supports the new stock alarm clock as well as Kerbal Alarm Clock, but it isn't ready and isn't on CKAN yet.

Is it just me or do the parts (FASA, even some stock parts) attachment nodes overlap at the wrong place?

Anyway, I realized that I can turn off engine ignition limitations off in the RealFuels config (which is why I came here in the first place) so I'll try to do that... @.@

Edited by Eddy119

7 hours ago, Eddy119 said:

Is it just me or do the parts (FASA, even some stock parts) attachment nodes overlap at the wrong place?

Anyway, I realized that I can turn off engine ignition limitations off in the RealFuels config (which is why I came here in the first place) so I'll try to do that... @.@

They shouldn't overlap or mis-align.  Can you post a screenshot of the problem?  

Sorry, I was busy... here's a list of my mods, I'll send screenshots later...

Spoiler

AtmosphereAutopilot (Fly-By-Wire) (AtmosphereAutopilot v1.5.17)
BahamutoD Animation Modules (BDAnimationModules 1:v0.6.7.1)
BetterTimeWarpContinued (BetterTimeWarpCont 2.3.12.9)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.17)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.4)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.30.5)
Distant Object Enhancement Continued (DistantObject v2.0.3.1)
Distant Object Enhancement Continued default config (DistantObject-default v2.0.3.1)
DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric (DMagicScienceAnimate v0.23)
Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 3:1.11.3.1)
FASA (FASA 1:v7.2.7)
Ferram Aerospace Research Continued (FerramAerospaceResearchContinued 3:0.16.0.4)
Hangar Extender (HangerExtenderExtended 3.6.0.1)
Harmony 2 (Harmony2 2.0.4.0)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.9.0)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.5.2)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.12.1-59)
KSC Switcher (KSCSwitcher v2.0.0.0)
KSPBurst (KSPBurst v1.5.5.1)
Luna Multiplayer Client (LunaMultiplayer 0.28.0)
MagiCore (MagiCore 1.3.2.5)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.12.1)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.12.3.0)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.10.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.1)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.6.3)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.6.3)
RasterPropMonitor (RasterPropMonitor 1:v0.31.5)
RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.31.5)
RCS Build Aid (RCSBuildAid v1.0.6)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v13.3.2)
Real Plume - Stock Configs (RealPlume-StockConfigs v4.0.8)
Real Solar System (RealSolarSystem v18.1.5)
Real Solar System Textures - 16384 x 8192 (RSSTextures16K v18.3)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.8.3)
RealHeat (RealHeat v5.1)
RSS Visual Enhancements - High Resolution (RSSVE-HR 2.1.4)
scatterer (Scatterer 3:v0.0772)
Scatterer Default Config (Scatterer-config 3:v0.0772)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0772)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.8.14.0)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.8.1)
TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer v4.5.2)
Textures Unlimited (TexturesUnlimited 1.5.10.25)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.6)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.4.2)
US Probes Pack (RN-USProbesPack 1:v0.80)
US Rockets (RN-USRockets 1:v1.0.0)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.8.3.1)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.1.1)

and the Trajectories dev fork of RSS Date Time and LRTR

9 minutes ago, Eddy119 said:

Update: it bugs out when I load an existing file, new builds are fine

Yeah, I was going to ask about that.  The scripts increase the size of the parts but not their positions.  If you load anything made in 'normal' mode it will be insanely clipped.

7 hours ago, Eddy119 said:

quick question: which module causes kerbals to have to rest before another mission and how do i disable it? I found retirement in the difficulty but there isn't a setting for inactive/recovering/rest/what do you call it

The recovery time comes from LRTR, using the RP-1 code for this.  There isn't a setting in the GUI but you can zero out the recovery time by editing the GameData/LRTR/settings/crewHandlerSettings.cfg file.  Open the file using a text editor such as notepad.exe and find the line that says: 

inactivityMinFlightDurationDays = 10

Change the  value from 10 to 0 and Kerbals should recover instantly.

Basically all the crew handler settings can be changed from here.  I wound't play with it too much but you can shorten training times, increase retirement times, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Eddy119 said:

Heh, I'm enjoying real solar system with this mod... Tried to recreate mariner 10 gravity assist to Mercury (and failed today)... What's the rescaled diameter of the 0.625,1.25,1.875,2.5,3.75,5m tanks?

Thanks!  Everything is scaled by 1.6 linear (2.56 area, ~4 volume) so 1m, 2m, 3m, 4m, 6m, and 9m.    

Version 2.0.1
Now with even less realism!

This is the first release version of LRTR version 2.0.  If you are upgrading from the previous release versions be careful.  This will likely break your saved games.  It is compatible with and  fixes many of the bugs from the  beta of 2.0.  It adds better support for KCT presets, and generally cleans things up a lot.  As with the beta, it only supports KSP 1.12+. 

Download for v2.0.1 (for KSP 1.12) here:
https://github.com/pehvbot/LRTR/releases/tag/v2.0.1.0
(It's still in pre-release until CKAN metadata can be updated)

Download KerbalismConfig v1.0 here:
https://github.com/pehvbot/LRKerbalism/releases/tag/v1.0.1
(Supports both the 1.11 and 1.12 versions)

The new minimum requirements (as with the beta)
ModuleManager
ClickThroughBlocker
CustomBarnKit
ContractConfigurator
DMagicScienceAnimate
MagiCore
ModularFlightIntegrator
Real Solar System, KSRSS, or KSSRS 2.5x

NOTE:  RSSDateTime formatter does not currently work in 1.12.x and will likely not be updated until RP-1 is updated to 1.12.  There is a pirate version that works in 1.12  here:

Edited by Pehvbot

9 hours ago, Pehvbot said:

Download for v2.0.1 (for KSP 1.12) here:
https://github.com/pehvbot/LRTR/releases/tag/v2.0.1.0
(It's still in pre-release until CKAN metadata can be updated)

Download KerbalismConfig v1.0 here:
https://github.com/pehvbot/LRKerbalism/releases/tag/v1.0.1
(Supports both the 1.11 and 1.12 versions)

It looks like the same 20.6 MB file got uploaded in both places; there's no longer a KerbalismConfig folder inside LRKerbalism's download (and the CKAN bot flags an error due to that). Is this correct?

Edited by HebaruSan

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

It looks like the same 20.6 MB file got uploaded in both places; there's no longer a KerbalismConfig foler inside LRKerbalism's download (and the CKAN bot flags an error due to that). Is this correct?

Yes.  Thanks for the heads up.  I should know better than to make these changes late at night and in a rush.  It should be fixed now.  My apologies to anyone who downloaded the wrong file.

Edited by Pehvbot

• 1 month later...

Version 2.0.2 has been release and is now available on CKAN.  This version requires KSP 1.12.x and fixes numerous contract issues, improves support for RealAntennas, and also brings things in line with the current version of RP-1 (thanks drhead and Wallum).

A couple of important notes:  This mod depends on Custom Barn Kit, which is only rated for KSP 1.10.x and looks like it has a bug in science and sandbox mode in 1.12.x that resets KSC buildings back to their lowest level. 

If you are looking for this mod on CKAN you need to include previous KSP version 1.10 in your install and search.  This also means playing sandbox or science may be frustrating.  Unfortunately this is the nature of user supported mods.

https://github.com/pehvbot/LRTR/releases/tag/v2.0.2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 3:54 PM, Pehvbot said:

Version 2.0.2 has been release and is now available on CKAN.  This version requires KSP 1.12.x and fixes numerous contract issues, improves support for RealAntennas, and also brings things in line with the current version of RP-1 (thanks drhead and Wallum).

A couple of important notes:  This mod depends on Custom Barn Kit, which is only rated for KSP 1.10.x and looks like it has a bug in science and sandbox mode in 1.12.x that resets KSC buildings back to their lowest level. 

If you are looking for this mod on CKAN you need to include previous KSP version 1.10 in your install and search.  This also means playing sandbox or science may be frustrating.  Unfortunately this is the nature of user supported mods.

https://github.com/pehvbot/LRTR/releases/tag/v2.0.2

It seems the bug only happens when you switch between VAB/SPH using that blue button. If you exit the building and enter the other one by clicking on it through kerbal space center, the bug doesn't happen (at least for me).

When using CryoTanks, all the fuel switchers other than LF/OX don't get their dry masses rescaled - they remain with their dry mass as if it was stock game. So a stock Rockomax X200-32 with LF+OX has a dry mass of 4.8t but when switching to the LH2+Ox it's 0.813t (not rescaled)

I know this mod is not marked as supported. I'll try to write a patch for it tomorrow.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.