RP-1 as a DLC

Xt007

RP-1 as a DLC  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay for a DLC spinoff of the wondrous RP-1 series of mods so squad can hire the numerous devs responsible for this wonderful addition to the game?

• Yes
    • No

43 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

What is RP-1?

Highly refined kerosene, a kind or rocket fuel: RP-1 on Wikipedia. Among other uses it was used in the first stage of the Saturn V and is used on the Falcon 9.

Why SQUAD should buy that is beyond me. Maybe the OP wants them to build actual rockets?:cool:

Edited by AHHans

11 hours ago, Xt007 said:

Wondering How many of you would pay in the form of a DLC for squad to hire the devs responsible for the wonderous RP-1 series of mods?

No thank you. RO/RSS/RP-1 offer some interesting diversity to the KSP game, the effort that goes into them is appreciated, and I've enjoyed playing a few saves with those mods; but they are exactly where they should be: as mods.

KSP in its core is not about 'realism', it's a game with its own set of rules that favour entertainment. It dabbles just enough in 'reality' to acquaint players with the physics, math and risks/consequences of aeronautics and space travel, but it always errs on the side of playability, and it should stay that way. Plenty of stuff keeping to that philosophy that could benefit from DLC funding if we really can't get it any other way. Realism features way way down that list, if at all.

Realism on that scale is a very niche thing, and I suspect very few would buy it... and I personally haven't played KSP without RO/RP-1 for years.

It would also make the learning cliff even more vertical, plus introducing even more code complexity... it wouldn't work out very well.

i would like RP-1 as a dlc but maybe modified to fit in with stock, for example new parts for the sound rockets era and maybe remove the x-plane contracts, but keep most of the other stuff

Edited by moguy16

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 4:26 AM, Xt007 said:

Wondering How many of you would pay in the form of a DLC for squad to hire the devs responsible for the wonderous RP-1 series of mods?

I know you're just trying to show appreciation for a mod, or set of mods, that you love.

But this is never, ever going to work in the real world.

If they wanted a mod in their product, itd BE in their product.

This is a bit....unseemly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.