Request: Unified VAB/SPH controls

HafCoJoe

Greetings! I can't speak for everyone else but personally I find the VAB controls excruciatingly painful to use, especially in comparison to those in the SPH. Being able to move my camera to any space on screen rather than being pinned down to the center far more versatile and lets me place parts with far more precision. I would love a mod that simply gives the VAB the same control scheme as the SPH. Is this doable? I am aware that WASDcam also changes camera controls, but what I am wanting is a bit different, just unified controls so that I don't find myself building both planes and rockets in the SPH.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

3 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Thanks for the reply, its good to know I'm not the only one who wants it and the visibility definitely helps

heh... just did a Googley search... first two pages of results are practically all related to/asking this same thing... Since the beginning of KSP, too...

Other than WASD, only other related mod I could find mention of, is KerboKatz' EditorCam Utilities ... No longer maintained tho... :( vOv

EditorCamUtilities

This little tool allows you to switch between the VAB and SPH camera.

By left clicking this will switch the cameras and display you which one you are currently using.

Right clicking will again open the settings menu which allows you to tweak the speed the camera will move.

This design decision simply boggles the mind.

I might prefer they scrap the idea of multiple build areas (or any associated size restrictions) in KSP2 and just go to a unified blueprint style design interface for SPH and VAB type craft.  I know we will have to be allowed to build bases free floating on site because the terrain has to be accounted for.  Maybe the craft building will follow suit in some way?

Edited by XLjedi

53 minutes ago, pmborg said:

This already exist i do that um my mun landing videos all the time.

Just attach a hal at 90 assing a Control Key and Thas it

Sounds like you are talking about a control point? (if yes, just for your info, you dont need a Kal for that, we did this years before there was a Kal... a docking port is enough)

But anyway, the OP's question was about the camera movement in the editors (SPH/VAB). You might want to read the first post again.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious how much effort it would take to create a plugin for this, I started a chat with linuxgurugamer and it didn't sound difficult to him, though he didn't know the full story yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.