[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 3

rasheed

...PARTY!! WOOP WOOP!!

Anyway, im really curious if their gonna make it so that stuff like parachutes work well in jools atmoshere (I dont see why not obvious;y) and if it will be able to deploy before we get smushed...thats the first thing im gonna try actually...

i really hope they fix the jittering of the craft while the Adv SAS is active .. it's

1) annoying to watch

2) Makes things fall apart.

Yeh the way the ASAS handles is just a quick place holder. They'll get around to making a good one later on.

...PARTY!! WOOP WOOP!!

Anyway, im really curious if their gonna make it so that stuff like parachutes work well in jools atmoshere (I dont see why not obvious;y) and if it will be able to deploy before we get smushed...thats the first thing im gonna try actually...

regardless whether you deploy the parachutes before you get crushed or not your still gonna get crushed before you get anywhere NEAR jool's surface because of it's IMMENSELY dense atmosphere.

Been thinking about something. I can't remember how the comm stat mod works, but assuming you can use a ship a the control point (maybe the mod can be modified for this in light of distant planets and the need for a more nearby control source), it would be neat to send a ship that could seed a planet and its moons with rovers. Since it will not really be practical to try and bring the kerbals home, having them stay in orbit and sending down remote rovers would be the next best thing. Of course, a ship like this would probably need to be built in orbit since multiple rovers would make for a lot of dead weight to handle, so it wont become practical until we get orbital construction as well in all likely hood.

If you just start a new thread every time it gets locked what is the point of locking it?

It allows for a clean slate, plus, I find this interesting:

* Multiple Player Saves: You can now have multiple ongoing game sessions, as each save is kept in its own folder (instead of all using the saves/default one).

Assigned to: HarvesteR

And this:

* Ships saved by one player are private to that player. Ships on the KSP/Ships folders are common to all players and non-overwritable (from inside the game)

So it looks like we'll be able to have one copy of KSP, and maybe let friends and family have their own profile, that'll be cool.

Related:

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/09/11/amateur-astrophotographer-captures-huge-explosion-on-jupiter/

Obviously a different scenario from what we will experience in the game, but with all the talk of atmospheric entry of our largest new celestial body I thought it seemed relevant. With that kind of density, there may be ways to go about descending in to it, but whether it's a good idea remains to be seen...

Yeh the way the ASAS handles is just a quick place holder. They'll get around to making a good one later on.

I hope they don't wait till like beta. That should definitely be their main focus of the 0.18 update. It really breaks the whole game and i kind of need it for interplanetary for big ships since docking won't exist until beta.

It allows for a clean slate, plus, I find this interesting:

* Multiple Player Saves: You can now have multiple ongoing game sessions, as each save is kept in its own folder (instead of all using the saves/default one).

Assigned to: HarvesteR

And this:

* Ships saved by one player are private to that player. Ships on the KSP/Ships folders are common to all players and non-overwritable (from inside the game)

So it looks like we'll be able to have one copy of KSP, and maybe let friends and family have their own profile, that'll be cool.

Cool, but without an career-mode needless. :)

Cool, but without an career-mode needless. :)

It's actually quite useful even without a campaign.

I'm certain people with a shared computer wouldn't want their orbiting craft moved around with someone else's flights, they can do that on a second set of saves.

Related:

Obviously a different scenario from what we will experience in the game, but with all the talk of atmospheric entry of our largest new celestial body I thought it seemed relevant. With that kind of density, there may be ways to go about descending in to it, but whether it's a good idea remains to be seen...

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/09/11/amateur-astrophotographer-captures-huge-explosion-on-jupiter/

Ooh, this just made me think, how long can you keep a spaceplane flying for in Jool, could be a neat challenge, assuming bugs like magical turbine and fuel consumption are fixed. The thick atmosphere would give lots of drag, but maybe also loads more lift, so this will be fun to find out (although not for the pilots obviously) :D

i want a planet with a ring!

also with the space kraken dead, i would love an easter egg to remember it by, something that in years downt he raod when noone remembers it, theres still a sign. maybe a star constalation, or perhaps some sort of planet out there we can land on, and similure to the monoliths, there be some sort of shrine to it. idk, but it seemed to become a pretty big part of the community, and id hate to see an era of developement lost in time.

My first interest is the IVAs or Scenarios. It will help a lot and the IVAs will just be plain fun to look around the cockpit and get a kerman's eye view on the situation, and see what they see just before they...explode...

Off-Topic: Oh no!!! 666 views...the kerman god has just announced anything with . 1 and 7 in the name are not in existence anymore :P

Edited by swiftgates24
Kermans taste like rainbows.

i want a planet with a ring!

also with the space kraken dead, i would love an easter egg to remember it by, something that in years downt he raod when noone remembers it, theres still a sign. maybe a star constalation, or perhaps some sort of planet out there we can land on, and similure to the monoliths, there be some sort of shrine to it. idk, but it seemed to become a pretty big part of the community, and id hate to see an era of developement lost in time.

I do agree about the space kraken part, and from a programmer's standpoint, knowing why it exists makes it all the more special to me XD