Looking for: Mod with a 3-crew landing command pod / module

Cooper42

Breaking ground deployed science parts benefit from both scientists and engineers, so there's a need for a landing command pod / module larger than the Mk2 Lander Can.

Sure, I can use the Mk1-3 command pod, but it's very heavy for this role.

Can anyone suggest a mod that includes a 3-crew lander can?

The 'Tethys' from Near Future, a 3-crew pod designed to be used with small radial mounted rockets, is the closest. But it's even heavier than the Mk1-3, without any of the utility of the stock landing cans.

I have ReStock, B9, USI, Stockalike Stations, and a bunch of others, and I was surprised to see that this niche isn't filled by one of these. Any ideas if there's something out there?

1 hour ago, Cooper42 said:

I have ReStock, B9, USI, Stockalike Stations, and a bunch of others, and I was surprised to see that this niche isn't filled by one of these. Any ideas if there's something out there?

I admit idk if it would fit your weight criteria, but it is shaped in such a way that works pretty good with radial mounted rockets or tanks. If not engines or tanks, theres a lot of flat surface for attaching science equipment. Also, if you like playing IVA, the 2nd Engineer/Scientist seat is pretty darn handy with its full complement of MFDs/switches/indicators... vOv
I DO wish the 3rd seat had a "station", rather than just being a passenger seat, but the pod has a lot of kewl QoL things built-in. ie lots of external cameras.

Also, it does have an aesthetic all its own :(
but, anyways, have you seen or considered:

I use this thing quite extensively as lander, rover, space station command pod... as well as spacecraft command pod *if*, it also leads into dual-purpose as one of the other mission-roles.

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.