[.23+] Jeb and Bill 9000, a smaller radial Jeb for the Clarke fans.

dishycourier

The Jeb version is only designed to work if you have MJ v<2.0 installed.

Yes and no. It's pretty simple to change the part to use MJ 2.0.9 just by using the config files present in the Bill and changing the name and descriptions where applicable.

The Jeb version is only designed to work if you have MJ v<2.0 installed.

That could be problematic for people, as MJ 1.x is no longer usable as of KSP 0.21.

Hopefully the creator of this project is still around and updates it to work with MJ2, although the post above mine details how to correct it yourself.

Edited by OdinYggd

Yes and no. It's pretty simple to change the part to use MJ 2.0.9 just by using the config files present in the Bill and changing the name and descriptions where applicable.

As I said, that doesn't solve the problem. There's something else to it. Seriously, the only difference I had in the two configs were the name and the flavor text and it still gave me that weird issue.

As I said, that doesn't solve the problem. There's something else to it. Seriously, the only difference I had in the two configs were the name and the flavor text and it still gave me that weird issue.

Edit: blah blah blah was by design blah blah blah. I'll update them both to work with mj2. It was by design before, but now will be a purely aesthetic choice. I'm still working in 20.2.. Last time I fired up .21, almost nothing worked for me. Other than that these units don't work unless mechjeb works. I'll take a look.

Edited by dishycourier

Thanks for the heads-up. It's OK if the only difference is appearance - BIL-9000 is the more benign, intelligent one (Binary Interface Link, perhaps?) while JEB-900 is the more rsky, dangerous one (Jury-rigged Emergency Backup, no doubt). Just for flavor of course, but you're welcome to use that if you like.

• 2 months later...

Any word on if this works for 2.1 Mechjeb in 0.22? I'ma try it out to see

EDIT: I had to mess with the config files and set a technology level for it to get it to work, but I got it work :)

Before I changed anything I got this really weird bug where any text in the game from the second half of the alphabet was invisible :P

Edited by Tremzack

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Download don't work ? ;.;

EDIT say's Not allowed file type.

I see it's a rar which is fine with me but might be why it say's Not allowed file type?

No clue. I'll zip it and reupload.

Edit: looks to be fixed.

Edited by dishycourier

I really like the textured surface, it reminds me of my camera.

Would you consider doing a version where the camera/light thing lights up, like on the regular mechjeb? It'd be even cooler!

I really like the textured surface, it reminds me of my camera.

Would you consider doing a version where the camera/light thing lights up, like on the regular mechjeb? It'd be even cooler!

I've actually been thinking of trying this, but I haven't learned how yet...

To help you choose properly, a comparison of the two:

Dave: "Open the pod bay door, Jeb."

JEB9000: "That will evacuate the pressure hull and leave everything, including you, exposed to vacuum... BUT WE'VE BEEN THROUGH WORSE!!! LET'S DO IT!!!! WOOOO!"

Dave: "Open the pod bay door, Bill"

BILL9000: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• 2 weeks later...

Since you have the mesh and textures all created (as well as font used) ... might I convince you to make a KOS-9000? (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68089-0-23-kOS-Scriptable-Autopilot-System-v0-10)

I going to fiddle with the existing files but Murphy's Law (which is shockingly more applicable to all things Kerbal) will probably derail me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The part.cfg doesn't seem to match mechjeb's part.cfg. Any chance of an update to fit the updated mechjeb parameters? I tried to do it myself, but I broke it, had to reinstall :(

I'll see what's going on and update. It still seems to work for me, but I think I've been updating for my own use as releases come out.

Also, to people asking, I'll do a KOS. How's green sound? Yellow maybe?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.