Terrain Bug

Have an issue where when my vessel lands, I land below the terrain. Since the craft is landed below the ground, the surface harvest does not detect the surface and will not start. I have a similar issue in water except opposite. There's a sort of soft barrier 32 meters above the ground, and when you "splash down" into it you bob just as if you were in the water. I say it is a soft barrier because if you are going fast enough, you can break through it and land in the actual water. Linked are some images and a log.

I am on version 1.8.1, win64, and running ksp 64 bit. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1abi30ja3ea2x1r/Player-prev.log?dl=0

https://imgur.com/a/IoDfiFP

WorldStabilizer seems to have no effect on this and it happens on all planets. It should be noted that the stock system is Beyond Home. I have noticed that the ocean bug is isolated to that single craft. The terrain bug however is hard to intentionally produce, however it occurs more often than it doesn't. I can say that the terrain bug is not isolated to that same craft since I've had one different vessel completely fall through the terrain and explode. Maybe I have bad luck? :P

Edited by sacredbacon

13 hours ago, sacredbacon said:

WorldStabilizer seems to have no effect on this and it happens on all planets. It should be noted that the stock system is Beyond Home. I have noticed that the ocean bug is isolated to that single craft. The terrain bug however is hard to intentionally produce, however it occurs more often than it doesn't. I can say that the terrain bug is not isolated to that same craft since I've had one different vessel completely fall through the terrain and explode. Maybe I have bad luck? :P

I have no Beyond Home experience. My last playthrough was with JNSQ+GEP planets. My terrain glitches were limited to:

I very rarely, maybe 2% of all landings, had ships at 3m the surface, gently dropping at slow speeds, suddenly crash into the ground. It was like they teleported that last distance. It was rare enough that I didn't bother to try debugging it.

A non-fatal terrain bug introduced during KSP 1.8.1 (I think it's a KSP bug, but maybe it's the associated Kopernicus release) causes the terrain surface to slide sideways. Landed craft don't move and are safe, but it looks like they are skating across the terrain.

8 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

I have no Beyond Home experience. My last playthrough was with JNSQ+GEP planets. My terrain glitches were limited to:

I very rarely, maybe 2% of all landings, had ships at 3m the surface, gently dropping at slow speeds, suddenly crash into the ground. It was like they teleported that last distance. It was rare enough that I didn't bother to try debugging it.

A non-fatal terrain bug introduced during KSP 1.8.1 (I think it's a KSP bug, but maybe it's the associated Kopernicus release) causes the terrain surface to slide sideways. Landed craft don't move and are safe, but it looks like they are skating across the terrain.

Yes, that's what happens when my vessel lands below the terrain. If it lands on a slope it skates down it like its on ice.

It seems that starting from a new career fixes it, and now the craft lands in the water with no problems. I'll have to test this more in the days to come, but hopefully this is the last time I'll see this bug. Will be sad to see my base go but this bug is game breaking in my opinion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.