What about KSP, if KSP 2 comes out?

I am a huge fan of Kerbal Space Program I spend hours and hours watching youtubers play KSP but I wont buy it cause I think its way to overpriced. 

So to the point if KSP 2 comes out what about the first game? will it be free will they delete it from steam? will they give 50% off on the game? idk anyone knows? let me know.

Hi, and welcome.

Nobody really knows and, even if we did, things could change anyway.

KSP2 is being developed by a different team, so 'in theory' the two could co-exist and both continue to be developed independently.

Even if/when KSP1 ceases to be updated or available it will still be playable if you have it on your machine.

KSP1 overpriced? It is not for me to judge your opinion, or circumstsnces.  But, in terms if cost vs hours of entertainment, KSP is probably the best value for money of any game ever for the vast majority of us who bought it.  Also it is often on sale at big discounts, so keep an eye open for those.

We don't really know what will happen, as pointed out by panda above. Perhaps after the launch of KSP 2 they'll reduce 1's price...

As for the cost, remember that this is a one-time purchase. You never have to pay for KSP again, once you download it. I've gotten many hours of enjoyment already, and I'm a relatively new player.

3 hours ago, SkyBoi77 said:

I am a huge fan of Kerbal Space Program I spend hours and hours watching youtubers play KSP but I wont buy it cause I think its way to overpriced. 

So to the point if KSP 2 comes out what about the first game? will it be free will they delete it from steam? will they give 50% off on the game? idk anyone knows? let me know.

Yeah. I, too, disagree on the overpriced bit. The game is actually pretty cheap on sales. Heck, it's cheaper than its DLC (now the DLC, yes, I think is overpriced).

Anyway. No, they won't delete it from Steam; they won't make it free either. It could go on (even cheaper) sales, but I doubt that'd happen too soon (not until people have bought KSP2, that is).

I, myself, won't make the switch any time soon. I do find most games too expensive on release and can only buy them on sales, often years after release. Plus, I do prefer a game that is fully developed, vastly modded (the mods improve this game so much), with a strong community. So I'd only switch from KSP 1 to 2 once the second is at a similar stage, if ever.

It's a risky thing, development-wise. I like racing simulators and this reminds of rFactor. I never made the switch from rFactor 1 to rFactor2; a lot of people didn't. Eventually we just moved on to other titles, as it was never the same.

3 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Civilization V is still there, despite the VI already available. Same thing. 

Even 3 and 4 are still available. In this day and age where new original IPs are getting more and more replaced by countless sequels and franchises I find it hard to believe that someone is confused by the concept of a sequel.

8 hours ago, SkyBoi77 said:

but I wont buy it cause I think its way to overpriced.

The game is on sale about every five minutes. The Steam summer sale is just around the corner.

On 6/21/2020 at 11:10 AM, SkyBoi77 said:

Firstly there is no "if" in "KSP 2 comes out". Only "when".  And then KSP and KSP 2 are separate games, made by separate development teams. Nothing will happen to KSP 1 after KSP 2 release. Squad will continue supporting it for as long as it's necessary in their eyes. And no. Original KSP was never overpriced. And it is constantly getting 50% discount on every steam sale anyways. (apparently it's 75% off right now lmao)

Edited by Acid_Burn9

On 6/21/2020 at 2:10 AM, SkyBoi77 said:

It is literally 75% off right now on Steam. 

On 6/21/2020 at 3:10 AM, SkyBoi77 said:

So to the point if KSP 2 comes out what about the first game? will it be free will they delete it from steam? will they give 50% off on the game? idk anyone knows?

Actually we all know what will happen.  It's the same thing that happens to every game if a sequel comes out.  Pretty much nothing.  Maybe a cheaper price.  That's it.