[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

20 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I have a couple thoughts.

The folder named "Retro" is in the wrong place. Here's a quote from the wiki for Katniss Cape for KSRSS:

!!!!! Instructions: Place the Retro/Modern folder into KatnisssCapeCanaveral/Instances !!!!!

(there is no Modern folder, so this only applies to the Retro folder)

Also, this folder _LOCAL doesn't belong here as it's not a mod folder.

Lastly, I would definitely recommend trying your install *without* the KSRSS-64K folder and see if it looks better/the same to you. I don't believe the mod authors have said anything in public but I have definitely seen them say it's no longer supported on Reborn, and indeed it trashed some of my visuals when I had it installed. Should be a quick/simple test to see if it makes a difference for you, too.

So it was pretty stupid fix but i just went to EVE city lights menu and click apply.... it fixed itself. Oh and thank you with Retro folder <3

Edited by Kakub

On 1/28/2024 at 7:37 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I have a couple thoughts.

The folder named "Retro" is in the wrong place. Here's a quote from the wiki for Katniss Cape for KSRSS:

!!!!! Instructions: Place the Retro/Modern folder into KatnisssCapeCanaveral/Instances !!!!!

(there is no Modern folder, so this only applies to the Retro folder)

Also, this folder _LOCAL doesn't belong here as it's not a mod folder.

Lastly, I would definitely recommend trying your install *without* the KSRSS-64K folder and see if it looks better/the same to you. I don't believe the mod authors have said anything in public but I have definitely seen them say it's no longer supported on Reborn, and indeed it trashed some of my visuals when I had it installed. Should be a quick/simple test to see if it makes a difference for you, too.

That would be correct yeah, I removed KSRSS-64k a few commits ago in favor of: https://github.com/ballisticfox/KSP-64k/releases, which performs better, runs through Kopernicus, has better lighting and supports normal and emissive maps.

On 1/29/2024 at 4:23 PM, ballisticfox0 said:

in favor of:

would love to give this a try, but your kopernicus release zip gives me an extraction error on every file. Tried the latest and the one prior. (Tried both Windows 10 and Windows 11)

yet another update: using winzip worked

Spoiler

PwlJvKk.png

Using: Windows 10 Explorer

... annnnd we're in the Eve thread so ... oops. </gumflapping>

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers
updated info, yet again

• 1 month later...