0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

Lets do a count down: Moho 0 Eve 1 Kerbin 2

(not counting the endless kerbals on EVA STUCK orbiting it) Duna 1 Jool 4

so we can concluded: no

I question Jool having 4 main moons and Eve having 1. Bop and Gilly are clearly captured asteroids. Thus, Eve might have had 0 moons at the time of the recording, and Jool might only have had three.

Then on the flipside we have the ultimate possibility, "Watch, I'll add a random shape to this ****, it'll have those idiots guessing for MONTHS as to what it means, I bet they'll work it into all kinds of grand conspiracies!" from a cruel dev joke.

For the dots and lines on the left and right, yeah :sticktongue:

However, there's some manner of meaning behind it - although a lot of the detail in the image was lost in the conversion.

Has anyone considered that the lines on the left hand side of the video might be relative coordinates of some sort? Also, I don't think that the 'planets' on the right are supposed to be related to the 'planet' on the left. Perhaps the pyramid-reference is NOT on Duna, but on Kerbin? Again, also, does anyone else see that there is a line linking the pyramid-like structure with the sun? The orange circle could represent a star, Duna, or even a power source of some sort? I wonder if there might not be some sort of tunnel beneath this pyramid, once it's found? The 'signal' is also of interest, as it appears to have some sort of demarcations at regular intervals (I see five..).

What's the relevance of the four figures? Why, specifically, four? All our base cockpits have three or less seats. I'm taking a shot in the dark here, but perhaps we need to have four Kerbals at a specific location to unlock this particular secret?

Has anyone considered that the lines on the left hand side of the video might be relative coordinates of some sort? Also, I don't think that the 'planets' on the right are supposed to be related to the 'planet' on the left. Perhaps the pyramid-reference is NOT on Duna, but on Kerbin? Again, also, does anyone else see that there is a line linking the pyramid-like structure with the sun? The orange circle could represent a star, Duna, or even a power source of some sort? I wonder if there might not be some sort of tunnel beneath this pyramid, once it's found? The 'signal' is also of interest, as it appears to have some sort of demarcations at regular intervals (I see five..).

What's the relevance of the four figures? Why, specifically, four? All our base cockpits have three or less seats. I'm taking a shot in the dark here, but perhaps we need to have four Kerbals at a specific location to unlock this particular secret?

That might ruin my dodecahedron theory. It needs five kerbals to work. :P

Looks like a piece of real-life rover debris.

Has anyone found the secret on Eve? Nova said that he would put a secret on every planet, and that there would be only one monolith outside of Kerbin's SoI.

What's the bst way to find secrets? Low- altitude orbits on airless planets or dropping random debris and seeing the area where it hits?

I have a mapper in orbit around Eve as we speak, running in the background. My fuel level is paltry, so I couldn't get a polar orbit for mapping, so it'll be a few days before I have it fully mapped out.

BTW, how in the heck do you use that SSTV software to get those images? I think I have an idea for what it actually means (at least partially), and I suspect that it hints at other Easter Eggs in some manner (maybe totally wrong thar ... I have another theory too. The weird shape at the top left of the image is somewhat like the KSP logo :P), but I want to render that image myself and take a closer look at it.

I'm not saying it's aliens but ...

im-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-aliens.jpg

Did anyone think that the Duna decoded sound picture was hinting that there will be another race to rival in the career mode? Just a thought. They seem to have different heads. Also, is that a "P" in the sky? If the Kerbal's main letter is a "K" then maybe there is (Or was, maybe for the storyline) something else out there 0_0.

EDIT**

This, I believe, is the full picture. The sound drops off after this is rendered and doesn't pick up again until near the end of the clip, but that just renders a garbled mess of colours. I'm pretty sure this is the full picture.

Actually, demodulating the end of the signal in B&W 24 mode (instead of Robot 36, which gives my about the same thing everybody else posted so far) reveals a broad vertical line going through the 4th kerbaloid figure:

8HSjF.jpg

Maybe this can help us further? I'm loving this treasure-hunt thingy! :D

Did anyone think that the Duna decoded sound picture was hinting that there will be another race to rival in the career mode? Just a thought. They seem to have different heads. Also, is that a "P" in the sky? If the Kerbal's main letter is a "K" then maybe there is (Or was, maybe for the storyline) something else out there 0_0.

I believe the devs have stated they won't have "aliens" in this game already.

As I said above, I suspect these aren't kerbals or aliens ... I think it's a reference to something else.

The three dots on the right-hand side are almost certainly the first three inner planets, with Kerbol at the bottom right of the image (in yellow). The P figure is most likely the KSP logo, although I could be wrong on that. The "pyramid" with the noise going up to that oddly/vaguely planetoid could be Duna's moon, and a reference to something else, but I doubt it would be that obvious.

Still contemplating what those four figures on the left are, but like I said I'm almost positive those aren't Kerbals or aliens.

Actually, demodulating the end of the signal in B&W 24 mode (instead of Robot 36, which gives my about the same thing everybody else posted so far) reveals a broad vertical line going through the 4th kerbaloid figure:

8HSjF.jpg

Maybe this can help us further? I'm loving this treasure-hunt thingy! :D

That actually gives me a few more ideas! Thanks for the pic :)

(I'm certain the devs are LTAO at these conspiracy theories.)

What I find most interesting about your latest pic is the very bottom black area, and that grey area just above it (with the black/grey area, and the white pixel area).

I take it more as a "we were here, now we're going there, follow us." type of thing.

I haven't seen anyone posting about this interesting landing site I found on Mun the other day. Anyone know what it might be in reference of? Some petrified space alien, some space-time portal or just an interesting geological anomaly?

That is the Mun Arch. :)

That actually gives me a few more ideas! Thanks for the pic :)

(I'm certain the devs are LTAO at these conspiracy theories.)

What I find most interesting about your latest pic is the very bottom black area, and that grey area just above it (with the black/grey area, and the white pixel area).

You're welcome :) The bottom grey area is the "last sequence" of the signal (the very brief one, lasting only 3 seconds or so). It looks like a part of the main picture, but moved to the right a bit (see the broad white band). As for the black end, this is just the software trying to decode when the signal's already over, don't worry about it.

UiTDB.jpg

So far, everybody seems to assume the red beam is being emitted towards the top of the picture by the pyramid... but doesn't it rather look like an arrow pointing down at the pyramid?

For the dots and lines on the left and right, yeah :sticktongue:

However, there's some manner of meaning behind it - although a lot of the detail in the image was lost in the conversion.

Soooooooo everything thats meaningful is the 4 "beings" then?