GLITCH: Broken Fairings

Hello,

I found a glitch that makes my crafts' textures glitch out and can get really annoying.

It is happening when you have a fairing part on your craft and you undo a move. Images can be found in the reddit post I linked down below.

This texture change only affects cargo bays (I only tested Mk3 Medium and Long ones) and Vector Engines. It replaces parts of the Texture (Cargo bay main part and the Combustion Chamber of the Vector Engine). Once you have that part placed and you undo a move the texture gets replaced by the Fairing Texture (if you chose a fairing design, this will get applied too).

Thanks for help.

Detailed explanation with images can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/j09mof/glitch_broken_fairing_textures/

• 7 months later...

On 9/26/2020 at 10:08 AM, kInfinities said:

Hello,

I found a glitch that makes my crafts' textures glitch out and can get really annoying.

It is happening when you have a fairing part on your craft and you undo a move. Images can be found in the reddit post I linked down below.

This texture change only affects cargo bays (I only tested Mk3 Medium and Long ones) and Vector Engines. It replaces parts of the Texture (Cargo bay main part and the Combustion Chamber of the Vector Engine). Once you have that part placed and you undo a move the texture gets replaced by the Fairing Texture (if you chose a fairing design, this will get applied too).

Thanks for help.

Detailed explanation with images can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/j09mof/glitch_broken_fairing_textures/

Okay. This is odd and weird. Ive never come across this problem. But I can ask you some questions and that may help.

• Did you download mods? Mods can sometimes make the game glitch.
  • Did you tinker with the game code and accidently inserted or removed textures?  This can cause in game problems.
  • Is your KSP save file up to date?  Recent updates have fixed these bugs.
  • Where did you download KSP?  Purchasing KSP from other stores beside STEAM and the KSP Store can sometimes cause problems. 

Never seen this before! Your mod list doesn’t show anything obvious so sounds like a bug although how those 2 textures are related and nothing else effected is bizarre.

As a workaround, have you tried removing the engines completely and then re-adding them from the part selection (ie don’t re-add the ones you’ve removed?) The game should load the correct engine texture again then.

Edit: missed the necro. Shame would have liked to have found out more.

Edited by Guest
Caught out by the necro

On 5/7/2021 at 2:15 PM, FruitGoose said:

Never seen this before! Your mod list doesn’t show anything obvious so sounds like a bug although how those 2 textures are related and nothing else effected is bizarre.

As a workaround, have you tried removing the engines completely and then re-adding them from the part selection (ie don’t re-add the ones you’ve removed?) The game should load the correct engine texture again then.

Edit: missed the necro. Shame would have liked to have found out more.

I got it back to working somehow, the glitch was gone after one update (if I remember correctly, this was in 1.10.x). Probably something was wrong with my game files, since I have been messing around with that a bit...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.