Satellite system

Hello, I have a question.
I have a total of 9 satellites around Kerbin. All have a Communotron 88-88 antenna. Can I built a functional network with it? Which are the best antennas for relais?

-I can't even communicate with my space stations even though this was possible (100-400km)

Regards, MarKu

Edited by MarKu

21 minutes ago, bewing said:

There is a difference between a "direct" antenna, and a "relay" antenna. Relay antennas talk to each other. Direct antennas do not. The 88-88 is a direct antenna, and you cannot build a network with it.

However, the problem is that there is also radio silence on my Space Station. Although this once worked. I can see where radio contact is via Kerbnet.

Is the antenna deployed?  (Opened up?)  That antenna only functions once deployed.  It is possible your vessel was able to communicate with Kerbin when close, but at farther distances the weak antennae included in probe cores no longer are strong enough.

11 minutes ago, 18Watt said:

Is the antenna deployed?  (Opened up?)  That antenna only functions once deployed.  It is possible your vessel was able to communicate with Kerbin when close, but at farther distances the weak antennae included in probe cores no longer are strong enough.

Yes, all antennas are extended, as was the case in the past, there is no longer any radio contact from Kerbin to the stations or others.

I feel morally obliged to point you to the wiki page on CommNet! Yes, it does contain some equations but this page also holds (nearly?) everything you need to know about Kerbal radio communications. ;)

On 11/28/2020 at 5:25 PM, MarKu said:

I can't even communicate with my space stations even though this was possible (100-400km)

That close to Kerbin even the antenna inside a probe core can communicate with the with the smallest DSN station. So if you don't have a radio link then you either don't have a line of sight - e.g. because you don't have the extra ground stations enabled as @Superfluous J suggested - or your station has a problem - e.g. because it ran out of electricity, or because it is labeled as "debris" which magically makes craft uncontrollable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.