Space plane CoT

First, let me preface... I am on console, PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME THERE IS A MOD FOR THIS, because I can’t use mods!

I have constructed a few small SSTO space planes, which I am able to get to orbit, but when I make larger crafts and switch from airbreathers, in atmo, to rockets in vacuum, the CoT of the rockets is off just enough to keep me flipping. Is there a way to get the CoT indicator in the hangar to show the CoT of a given engine (or set of engines), instead of showing the combined CoT of all the engines?

52 minutes ago, MarsUltor said:

First, let me preface... I am on console, PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME THERE IS A MOD FOR THIS, because I can’t use mods!

I have constructed a few small SSTO space planes, which I am able to get to orbit, but when I make larger crafts and switch from airbreathers, in atmo, to rockets in vacuum, the CoT of the rockets is off just enough to keep me flipping. Is there a way to get the CoT indicator in the hangar to show the CoT of a given engine (or set of engines), instead of showing the combined CoT of all the engines?

You can use the thrust limiter to set an engine's thrust to 0%. That way it won't figure in the CoT calculations. Just don't forget to adjust it back again when it's time to fly.

You can “right click” (I forget what control that is on console) the engines that you do not want to see their thrust vectors  and set their Thrust Limiter slider to 0. That should give you a better idea of how to precisely reposition/rotate your vacuum engines to line up with the center of mass. You can also take some liquid fuel out of the tanks to simulate having used that on ascent, and see how that will affect your center of mass In space. Just remember to set everything back to normal before launching!

6 hours ago, MarsUltor said:

May not be useful for you,  but nice to have for someone that can use mods and stumble on the thread when facing a similar issue. Ironic that AFAIK there is no such mod. 

There is some that displays the dry CoM, or help manage the fuel levels, you may also look into how the CoM shifts as a possible cause of the issue. But you will need to adjust the fuel levels manually of course.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.