I have a bug where I can't interact with a ship after I load it.  When I load the ship into the VAB, I can't launch or build. The cost doesn't show and the load menu doesn't go away. I tried merging it with another ship to save it but it doesn't work. I tried relaunching KSP but the bug is still here. This bug seems to only apply to this ship cause I can launch my other ships perfectly fine.

3 hours ago, steuben said:

Sounds like a weird condition developed in the ship itself... a proto-kracken if you will. 

Your best bet would be to rebuild the ship in the VAB/SPH and try again. 

the ship is massive and I dont wanna go through the troubles of building the ship again. Its currently 297 parts and very complicated.

Craft files can become corrupted in a way that leaves KSP in a bugged state. Unless you are inclined to edit the craft file manually to fix whatever is broken, you won't have much choice other than to start from scratch.

Edited by swjr-swis
raft?

3 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

Craft files can become corrupted in a way that leaves KSP in a bugged state. Unless you are inclined to edit the raft file manually to fix whatever is broken, you won't have much choice other than to start from scratch.

How do i manually fix the files?

Quick answer with that question posed: You don't. If you don't know how to fix the file, you don't attempt to fix the file.

Longer answer: With lots of work, trial and error, guess work, pen and paper, knowing what to look for, and a solid backup of the original. Doing any kind of complex work within the craft file starts at magic and _very_ quickly moves into voodoo. [http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/V/voodoo-programming.html  'cause few people understand voodoo within the coding context, ed.] The problem is that there is no easy way to know what the problem is, where it is, or how to fix it. The amount of time and effort to go in and work with the craft file is at least one order of magnitude greater than rebuilding the ship from scratch. 

I've only worked by hand with a craft file once. It was to create a nice 50 x 50 plane of the 2x2 structural panels for a design I was working on. It was a lot of work to get Excel to understand and work with file. And that was simple craft, for very broad definitions of craft.  There is a reason why there are very few tools that do any complex work with the craft files. KSP itself is pretty much the best editor we've got. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.