On 4/21/2021 at 9:15 AM, Rhode_Enterprise_By-Matt said:

If you use Mac computers/laptops with KSP, you can chat about preformance, mods, etc.... I use an M1 chip Mac and it runs great with stock, and OK with heavy modding.

What M1 are you running? I am looking to replace my 27" iMac, and I was thinking of just getting a mini in the short term until I can get a new (large) iMac. My thought is to get one in stock (which is only 8GB ram, boo), because I fully expect to drop a few grand on whatever the 27" replacement is, even if it's closer to an iMac Pro than a regular one.

I have a mini

3 hours ago, Rhode_Enterprise_By-Matt said:

If anyone was wondering the new m1 Mac from Apple gets 10 fps when on the ground when running parallax and beyond home, and gets 40-60 fps when in space. (Again with beyond home) I also run a ton of part packs and even got another star system pack called vulture. 

30-50 fps in atmosphere.

<Quoted from me 3 hours ago>

Just to clarify, RAM is not an issue on the M1 Mac mini when running stock or light mods.

Edited by Rhode_Enterprise_By-Matt

3 minutes ago, Rhode_Enterprise_By-Matt said:

Hope this helps.

You have the 8 gig version?

The only reason not to order a 16gb for me is impatience, lol, I can pick up a mini today but they only have 8GB in stock. I plan on selling it, trading it in, or giving it to my in-laws once a 32" (!?) iMac is a thing, ideally with M1X or M2, and maybe a discrete ARM GPU.

• 11 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.