KSP 2 DLC Competitions/Voting

We should vote/recommend Planetary names/features  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Of these choices, which would you prefer?

• We should
    • We should not

I know this is premature, but hear me out.

DLC in KSP 2 will include not just new parts, but likely new planets and solar systems.

I propose the idea of contest for the fans to come up with planet names, and possibly planetary features. This would be a great way for the community to work together with developers to deliver new worlds and parts. 

We have already seen the developers ask for opinions on what the name of a new NERV engine should be, and people had great fun discussing possible names. This could- should be a tradition going foward.

The fact of the matter is that the KSP Universe is expanding, and seeing we are the ones exploring it, we should have some say on these matters.

Getting the community involved is cool, and fun sometimes. But asking the developers to require everything they do to pass through the community isn't to be expected, nor would it result in a better product. 

So yea, we should... but not for everything, nor should it be the norm. 

On 7/17/2021 at 12:02 PM, MKI said:

Getting the community involved is cool, and fun sometimes. But asking the developers to require everything they do to pass through the community isn't to be expected, nor would it result in a better product. 

So yea, we should... but not for everything, nor should it be the norm. 

I agree. I don't think everything should be ran by the community, but occasionally it would be nice.