Any word on whether Flight (planes) developable earlier in KSP2 tech tree than KSP?

Just started a new career... and I've got a ton of 'run science' missions that are quite easily accomplished with planes (measure temp at BE-4 below 14,000, etc).  Would be really nice to have planes available early.  

I know it's a space game - which means rocketry, but it would be great to have at least the most basic jet plane available.  Perhaps as a parallel tech tree that eventually merges with the larger tree (for spaceplanes).

Google did not answer this for me... but has it been discussed?

Oh - and will joystick / HOTAS work for plane flight in 2?

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

I'm hoping for at least the option to start with planes and sounding rockets, but I acknowledge that they will probably sell most copies over steam, and with the 2 hour refund policy they will want to have the player put right into the meat of the action (rockets) as quickly as possible to reduce the chance of refund.

Edit: The devs have not mentioned the tech progression or peripheral support yet, to my knowledge.

Edited by TLTay
edit

6 hours ago, TLTay said:

I'm hoping for at least the option to start with planes and sounding rockets, but I acknowledge that they will probably sell most copies over steam, and with the 2 hour refund policy they will want to have the player put right into the meat of the action (rockets) as quickly as possible to reduce the chance of refund.

Edit: The devs have not mentioned the tech progression or peripheral support yet, to my knowledge.

Yep.

I would not want to slow down rocket availability (I.e. Limit the initial tech to only planes).  This is, ultimately, a rocket game. 

I'd like to see  the initial starting tech offer just enough 'stuff' to build a basic plane, just as we get to build a basic rocket.  After that, being able to unlock stuff to make planes better makes sense, especially as you progress to space planes. 

(functionally it really only takes 5-6 rocket flights to unlock planes, presuming you know how to grind science - but it seems weird to me that you have fly rockets to unlock planes) 

Planes also teach about balance (COM / COL) better than rockets, initially, b/c the first rockets are just straight tubes. 

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli