Discovery mode/setting

I think a really cool feature in KSP 2 would be that the player could discover the planets/moons in the game if the setting is toggled on. Basically, all planets/moons outside of Kerbin SOI will either be blurred, or completely invisable until the player discovers it.

well if it even was the stars of other systems that would explain why those planets dont exist in ksp1. they just havent been discovered yet. and they could have a discovery system similar to how you find astroids in ksp 1 atleast for the stars

On 12/9/2021 at 5:59 PM, DJDoesKSP said:

I think a really cool feature in KSP 2 would be that the player could discover the planets/moons in the game if the setting is toggled on. Basically, all planets/moons outside of Kerbin SOI will either be blurred, or completely invisable until the player discovers it.

This would be cool.  Using ground based telescopes to discover the planets and stuff using parallax in imagery.  Maybe a mod could do this and even generate differences in the system for each game to some degree via a Kopernicus like mechanism

• 2 months later...

I also support this idea. I would love to start with just a ground based telescope and then probes to discover everything - useful astronomical information that would grow the flame of curiosity, followed by scientific exploration and then the conquest of planting a flag and building a colony.