What do you use to make mission patches and how?

I, myself really want to make stuff in my space program more cool-ish. I'm planning on recreating the T-38 and that one "flying bedstead". And mission patches. Now, I use Paint and they're not so cool. Take a look at some old ones I made:

Mission-patch-Way-Finder-Duna.png

Kerapolo-III.png

the second is in fact unfinished, because I wanted to use text curve on Gimp but I was a little lazy. Oh and it represents my newest failure mission.  (no, no, NOOOOO, I WILL BRING THEM HOME ONE DAY!)

1 hour ago, Aerodynamic Kerbal said:

I, myself really want to make stuff in my space program more cool-ish

You should check out the following thread; 

You will need to use an SVG editor like Inkscape instead of paint, but it is free to use. Details are in the post. 

This is one of mine... 

BgBLqCt.png

You can use different fonts in it as well. I used one called Space Age in this example

37 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

You should check out the following thread; 

You will need to use an SVG editor like Inkscape instead of paint, but it is free to use. Details are in the post. 

This is one of mine... 

BgBLqCt.png

You can use different fonts in it as well. I used one called Space Age in this example

Is GIMP ok?

On 4/8/2022 at 7:03 AM, Aerodynamic Kerbal said:

Is GIMP ok?

GIMP is a raster graphics editor application. SVG is a form of vector graphics. You can get some gimp plugins to help, but a good vector graphics program would be better and it doesn't take too long to get the hang of it.

But the choice is yours. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.