Give me your files from sol

kerbalboi

If anyone reading this has downloaded the files, please look for a license file before sharing what you downloaded. It may or may not be a violation (copyright as well as forum rules) to redistribute the discontinued mod.

If no license is with your download I think it defaults to all rights reserved and you shouldn't share the files. We can't rely on the 2 threads for the mod to check license because those threads have been edited and locked. You might also want to consider the current wishes of the mod author - they don't want their discontinued mod to be shared.

Some posts have been removed. If you see content on the forums that's potentially rule-breaking, please be sure to report it so that the Moderator Team can take a look. Thank you to everyone who did that. :)

3 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

If anyone reading this has downloaded the files, please look for a license file before sharing what you downloaded. It may or may not be a violation (copyright as well as forum rules) to redistribute the discontinued mod.

This is an important point, and thank you for bringing it up. Generally speaking, there's no forum rules against sharing other people's add-on content (mods). However, we do require that users follow the add-on's license(s), and they sometimes carry restrictions about who can share it and under what circumstances. Please be sure to check the license that was included with the files, and follow the rules it sets out. At least one release of this mod was licensed CC-BY-NC-SA, which means that it can be redistributed and modified so long as it complies with those terms.  In the case of this license, that includes giving credit to the original author, and the redistributed and/or modified files must also be released under the same license.

well i may or may not though various means have acquired all the folders needed to run sol, but i dunno did i?  ;) i may have all i need to do what you please, perhaps backed up on multiple platforms and maybe running on my main install

to be clear i acquired the patch and  textures from the github, a friend who i won't name may have sent me the base file which he may have gotten from another friend of his

Edited by kerbalboi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.