I have multiple KSP 1 installs covering different things. Will this be possible in KSP2?

Anth

4 hours ago, pandaman said:

Well, a radical  thought I know, but...

You could just buy it from the KSP store and NOT get it through Steam at all, then the problem  won't even exist.

I was going to say the same thing, but people get locked into the Steam ecosystem and get very used to the convenience of having everything in one place, having community content being supported for free, and yes, even having their games kept automatically up-to-date. I don’t use Steam unless absolutely necessary, but it might be very hard to have all of your games on one platform and then not use it for a game. 

Isn't this what Squad is using steam public betas for? Every version of the game is in there. When KSP was still getting updates if you put your install on one of those "betas" it stayed there. KSP never used to the workshop for mods, so auto update was never an issue there. If they do move to that model there will be issues. It isn't a problem for devs to keep multiple versions on steam, but afik there is no way to do that with mods. It's a real headache, see Cities skylines. That doesn't solve the multiple install issue, but lets be honest, there aren't many games that makes sense to do with.

On 9/3/2022 at 5:20 PM, Ryaja said:

In KSP 2 they could have something similar to the Minecraft launcher, so you can launch a bunch of different instances from the same place.

Like MultiMC which keeps all the instances separate automatically, or the vanilla launcher which keeps every instance jumbled in the same place by default?