Why aren't the Vectors HydroLox fueled?

Tweeker

On 2/22/2023 at 6:58 AM, Tweeker said:

The example of someone suggesting Scott Manley  as a voice actor, but the studio  choosing not to ignore that suggestion  is a perfectly clear example of ignoring the community.  Making all the engines run on MethaLox is another. Not re-balancing the engines is another.    And it's not as if these are things that just popped up, many of these suggestions have been around for quite a few years.    

Well I'm enraged that you prefer anyone not Matt Lowne as the only voice actor for KSP. Seriously the guys one energy drink away from turning into a Kerbal all the time .

I Kid. But seriously thinking your the only one with a good idea and therefore that's the way it should be is, well, 

Sitting around sulking about it in forums is a waste of time. 

There was a reason why they did things, like keep or doing only minor tweeks to existing engines. Mostly to keep parts and performance

comparable to KSP. 

40 minutes ago, Drakenred65 said:

Sitting around sulking about it in forums is a waste of time.

Agreed, but you can discuss about why you think something should be changed by giving constructive arguments. Of course, you have to acknowledge why things are made that way, or accept the devs response when they gave one.

If something comes to bother me, I'll make sure they know.

On 2/22/2023 at 2:51 AM, Tweeker said:

But my point stands, there is no proof they are listing to feedback.

There's a difference between "listening to" and "agreeing with". Like, I listened when my niece repeatedly and emphatically declared myself and her grandmother to be "garlic", but seeing as how I and my mom are both, in fact, human, I didn't agree with my niece's assertion.

58 minutes ago, TheOtherDave said:

There's a difference between "listening to" and "agreeing with". Like, I listened when my niece repeatedly and emphatically declared myself and her grandmother to be "garlic", but seeing as how I and my mom are both, in fact, human, I didn't agree with my niece's assertion.

Hmm... I wouldn't rule out the possibility that you are actually a sentient strain of garlic and currently dreaming that you're human.  I just get a funny feeling the kid might be right...

1 hour ago, TheOtherDave said:

I vote for garlic too, now it's a known fact in the community and you are not listening to our feedback about it.

Either solution would be good, Fix the vector, or remove it from the game. This is the worst of both worlds, the Vector is in the game but it's obviously wrong. You can use it to build  real-esque looking space shuttle, but it both because of the fuel it burns and the performance of that fuel, so it end up breaking the illusion.    

1 hour ago, Chilkoot said:

Hmm... I wouldn't rule out the possibility that you are actually a sentient strain of garlic and currently dreaming that you're human.  I just get a funny feeling the kid might be right...

It would've been a lot more defensible if she'd claimed we smelled like garlic, but no, "you ARE garlic!!!"

43 minutes ago, Tweeker said:

Either solution would be good, Fix the vector, or remove it from the game. This is the worst of both worlds, the Vector is in the game but it's obviously wrong.

How do you tell which fuel an engine burns just from looking at it?

14 minutes ago, TheOtherDave said:

How do you tell which fuel an engine burns just from looking at it?

By the engine looking like, and being described in a similar way to  a particular engine that burns a particular fuel.

What engine does the Vector look like?

What engine is it titled similarly to?

What fuel does that engine burn?

It doesn't take thousands or hundreds or even tens of hours in KSP to know these things, or to make the connections.

Just now, Tweeker said:

I would suspect that the venn diagram of the subset of the player base that knows and would be put off by this... and the subset of the player base that will primarily be using RO version 2 - is a complete overlap.

2 minutes ago, Tweeker said:

Well you keep talking about space shuttles, so I'd guess you're hinting at the RS-25, but otherwise I have no idea... they're all just bell nozzles (or aerospikes) to me. Do you really expect players to be able to recognize any engine on sight? I think we'll be lucky if most first-time players already know whether the nozzle is supposed to point up or down.

I'm not aware of any IRL engines named anything like "Vector". It certainly doesn't resemble "RS-25".

The IRL space shuttle engines? Well, AFAIK SpaceX is the first to use methalox, so it's not that... <shrug> "liquid fuel"?

It's not like there won't be a Realism Overhaul mod... I'd If the devs' research says it's more important to sacrifice of all things fuel variety for the sake of making the core game fun enough to attract a large player base, don't understand why it's so important to dissuade them.

Given that successful rockets have used things from gasoline to alcohol to kerosene to methane to a variety of concoctions that have people going hey we and the communists were racing each other back then, and people thought that things like Pluto and it's nuclear ramjet was a good idea... So where are they?

Edited by Drakenred65