Steam Error: Missing Executable ( Fix Found )

Go to solution Reply by Volvic,

When I try and run the game it says this, could be that the game is just really new. 
Downloading it to my SSD, when checking the file path nothing like that exists

image.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png

I also just tried to verify game files no issue but same problem ^

( EDIT )

I have kinda fixed this by having a friend send me his PDLauncher, 
Even if I uninstall the game -> redownload it, it doesn't add it back so it seems like steam doesn't get the PDLauncher. This is a issue Intercept Games or the KSP devs need to fix

Edited by Volvic

43 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

You can have Steam to verify your local game files. That should fix it.

Hi adsii1970.

Tried verifying game files 3 times as well as restarting steam and no luck so far.

I wonder if it matters i got my key from GreenmanGaming?

Edit: I'm trying a reinstall to see if that solves the issue.

Edited by Azref

Je subit également le même problème, le seul moyen que j'ai pour contourné le problème c'est de lancer via cette icone, cependant ça ne prend pas en compte les heures sur steam, les succès, etc... C'est assez

[moderator translation]:

I also suffer the same problem, the only way I have to work around the problem is to launch via this icon, however it does not take into account hours on steam, achievements, etc... That's enough annoying...

[/moderator]

gênant... MByv2t6n1lL_Capture.JPG

Edited by Geonovast
added translation

11 hours ago, Azref said:

Juste une mise à jour que la réinstallation de KSP 2 n'a pas corrigé le lanceur manquant.

Hello, I did not quite understand if you managed to solve the problem.

I personally have Kerbal Space Program 2 on Steam, I did all that:

check for updates on Steam (unsuccessful)

delete all the "PD Launcher" files I had installed thanks to Kerbal Space Program 1 on Epic Games store -> then check for updates on Steam (still without success)

Reinstall Kerbal Space Program 2 still not having the "PD Launcher" files installed basic -> it still does not work -> check for updates on Steam (still without success) PS: The "PD Launcher" is still not installed null by.

I'm a bit lost, plus there's no way to download the Private Division launcher. I don't understand why it doesn't work for me. In addition there is no way to refund a Steam CD key for me to download the game on Epic Game.

Bonjour, je n'ai pas bien compris si vous avez réussi à résoudre le problème.

J'ai personnellement Kerbal Space Program 2 sur Steam, j'ai fait tout ça:

• vérifier les mises à jour sur Steam (sans succès)
  • supprimer tous les fichiers "PD Launcher"  que j'avais installer grâce à Kerbal Space Program 1 sur Epic Games store   -> puis vérifier les mises à jour sur Steam (toujours sans succès) 
  • Réinstaller Kerbal Space Program 2 en ayant toujours pas les fichiers "PD Launcher" installé de base  -> ça ne marche toujours pas  -> vérifier les mises à jour sur Steam (toujours sans succès) PS: Le "PD Launcher" n'est toujours pas installé nul par.

Je suis un peu perdu, en plus il n'y a aucun moyen de télécharger le launcher de la Private Division. Je comprend pas pourquoi ça marche pas pour moi. En plus il n'y a pas moyen de rembourser une clef CD Steam pour que je télécharge le jeux sur Epic Game.

Edited by 18Watt
Translated by moderator.

@Lyou, try verifying the game files: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/0C48-FCBD-DA71-93EB

Also we have added an English translation to your post because it is a requirement for all posts outside of the international section. The reason we have this rule is because not all browsers or devices can automatically translate so please use a translation service if you wish to post in the general forum. 

[Translation]
@Lyou, essayez de vérifier les fichiers du jeu : https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/0C48-FCBD-DA71-93EB

Nous avons également ajouté une traduction en anglais à votre message car c'est une exigence pour tous les messages en dehors de la section internationale. La raison pour laquelle nous avons cette règle est que tous les navigateurs ou appareils ne peuvent pas traduire automatiquement, veuillez donc utiliser un service de traduction si vous souhaitez publier dans le forum général.

1 hour ago, James Kerman said:

@Lyou, try verifying the game files: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/0C48-FCBD-DA71-93EB

Also we have added an English translation to your post because it is a requirement for all posts outside of the international section. The reason we have this rule is because not all browsers or devices can automatically translate so please use a translation service if you wish to post in the general forum. 

[Translation]
@Lyou, essayez de vérifier les fichiers du jeu : https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/0C48-FCBD-DA71-93EB

Nous avons également ajouté une traduction en anglais à votre message car c'est une exigence pour tous les messages en dehors de la section internationale. La raison pour laquelle nous avons cette règle est que tous les navigateurs ou appareils ne peuvent pas traduire automatiquement, veuillez donc utiliser un service de traduction si vous souhaitez publier dans le forum général.

The problem is that i already verifyng the game files 4 or 5 times, reinstalling the game, but nothing solve this problem.  PD Launcher are missing

Hello ,
Same problem here , since yesterday i've tried everything uninstall / move / disable firewall and other / and verify nothing change.
put the missing folder from kerbal 1 to kerbal 2 nothing ... uninstall ksp1 and all component and install ksp2 nothing again.
the only solution for me : i can launch the game from KSP_x64.exe (without steam)
i hope this problem will be fix soon ^^

Edited by Macck

• Solution
13 hours ago, Azref said:

I don't suppose anyone has found a solution to this yet?

Still experiencing the issue and due to the launcher being absent I am unable to submit bug reports.

Try this:

Step One:
Get KSP-2 first mod found here:

Direct Download is here: https://github.com/R-T-B/KSSL/releases/tag/1.1
-
Download the following file named: Get the  KSSL2_vxx.xx.zip Currently named ( KSSL2_v1.1.zip )

Step Two:
Go to where you downloaded your KSP2, using Steam I would go to the following:
G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program 2

Step Three: 

If you don't already create a new folder called PDLauncher then add the following file you downloaded into it as shown in the image below
image.png

Step Four:
Press play and enjoy.

Credits to R-T-B for the mod!:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/profile/200868-r-t-b/

1 hour ago, Volvic said:

Try this:

Step One:
Get KSP-2 first mod found here:

Direct Download is here: https://github.com/R-T-B/KSSL/releases/tag/1.1
-
Download the following file named: Get the  KSSL2_vxx.xx.zip Currently named ( KSSL2_v1.1.zip )

Step Two:
Go to where you downloaded your KSP2, using Steam I would go to the following:
G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program 2

Step Three: 

If you don't already create a new folder called PDLauncher then add the following file you downloaded into it as shown in the image below
image.png

Step Four:
Press play and enjoy.

Credits to R-T-B for the mod!:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/profile/200868-r-t-b/

Thank you so much ! Thats work !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.