Rapier particle lag

So, I'm running a laptop with a Ryzen 9, 16g ram and a 6700m. Not a great gaming machine but no slouch either.

Frame rates have been pretty lousy but playable (I expected much better). That is till I tried rapiers.  Built a pretty basic ssto with 4 rapiers. Soon as I fired them up on the runway, frame rate dropped to abt 2 fps.

I think that's the fuel flow system, it's a major bottleneck if there are multiple engines drawing from the same fuel source. Single Rapiers work fine, but when I built a 3-rapier plane, frame rate tanked immediately. 

Until they fix that I think multi-engine craft are probably best avoided. Single engine or single engine + SRBs work fine.

They did say that it's their #1 priority ATM so it shouldn't be too long before there's a fix.

Same Issue Here.

I made a small SSTO with 2 rapiers and that worked fine, then made a bigger SSTO with 4 rapiers and a detachable ATV (Mun or Bust!).. FPS dies as soon as those 4 engines start. I thought it might be the higher part count, but the same plane with whiplash engines results in a much smaller frame drop.  The difference is playable vs not playable.  I Love LoVe LOVE this game. Hope the kinks get worked out soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed something ALMOST like this.

My 4-Rapier plane worked just fine. However, when I added a payload that had a methalox engine, boom, game turns into a slideshow.

So at least in that case it wasn't the Rapiers, it was the fuel flow performance bug. (Yes my payload's methalox tank was draining even though it was behind a decoupler.)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be fixed in next week's patch!

Edit: My 3-Rapier plane also had a payload!

Edited by Periple

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.