Changing Craft Names in Tracking Station - Shift Key (Capitalization) Ignites Boosters. Also - Ship names don't stay changed. (Revert to Original Name)

JoeSchmuckatelli

Pretty much what the title says.

I had four identical ships in orbit around Kerbin - sending them out to seed the planets with CommSats.  Each was named (Something Random) - 1, -2, -3, -4.  After each escape burn, I went to the Tracking Station to rename the ship with a reference to the destination so I could keep track of which was going where.

By the time I was on the third ship - which I renamed before doing the burn - when I looked at my MN, I saw the ship was going to burn into Kerbin before it got to the node.  Went to Flight mode and found SAS off, the ship in 45% thrust and spinning wildly (plus exhausting fuel).  Managed to get it back into an orbit - dumping more fuel - but this should never have happened.  

It's basically the same thing as 'Pressing M while in the VAB'.

Fun fact: after all that.  My ships are STILL called "Something Random -1", "Something Random -2", etc.

Finally - this really disappoints me, but I've mentioned it elsewhere.  Leaving a ship for any reason sets it back into a 'dead stick' status.  I first noticed this trying to deploy satellites - and reported this Here.  Probes and separated ships should not be 'dead stick' (SAS off, no controls applied) just because the player separated them, stopped looking at them, or went and did something else.

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli