RLA Stockalike v10 released 11th August

hoojiwana

I'm guessing the tree will still get to see some extra work. I'd love to see it broken down in several smaller, cheaper levels too but that might raise other problems.

About the gimbal and ISP: I will keep the stock value when the other one gets its fix (though, I could've just brought it down instead) and while the probes do have less torque, they also work on smaller loads than a command pod or reaction wheel.

I like that idea, could be a jury rigged linear RCS port, and adding it wouldn't use any extra textures.

That would be nice, having more RCS engines that use the regular engine staging and throttle systems can be really helpful.

The Radial Jet should be exactly equivalent to a stock intake, jet engine and structural part, it's just smaller and less parts.

Well I did notice that it had no alternator, intended?

Also noticed that the linear aerospike is still using 0.1 drag even though the stock aerospike was corrected to 0.2 drag.

Well I did notice that it had no alternator, intended?

Also noticed that the linear aerospike is still using 0.1 drag even though the stock aerospike was corrected to 0.2 drag.

Both of those should now be fixed, thanks for mentioning them.

EDIT: Also knocked this out earlier, added the extra parts to the existing texture that the RCS blocks all share, and made them all specular again. Don't know when I'll release this, may or may not do it with a small update since I want to go over the 0.625m LFO tank texture and improve it a bit.

SfbqfuL.jpg

Edited by hoojiwana

Stockalike 0.9.4 ready to download from here, including the above MPR-1 engine. Also readded the specular that was removed from the RCS units back in 0.7.2, and made the edge highlights on the 0.625m tanks stand out a little less.

if the "mini-thruster/rcs"-like engines. resembled some of the AIES pack in being surface attachable, that would be nice too.

I've set the attach rules on the MPR-1 to allow for exactly that.

Edited by hoojiwana

If you need big tanks to go with your RCS thrusters, you're most likely actually using them wrong.

And if you're referring to the arcjet, it's neither an ion engine, nor shaped like a "You know what," unless you mean it in the vaguest meaning possible, in which case you've been playing with Cigars ever since you pressed 'play' and should really have a talk with a bearded man named 'Sigmund.'

But, with bigger RCS tanks you can use the RCS engines longer.

I don't know what you mean with Cigars and Sigmund... Wasn't Sigmund the wife of Thor in the ancient Germanic folklore?

Are you sure it doesn't look like a -censored because forum rules n' stuff-?

AgqEy6o.png

Edited by MmPMSFmM

First off: Thanks a lot for your hard work! :)

I've got a small problem with your mod (Electrical Engines) though, and I hope I'm right with posting here about it.

Basically: Your xenon tanks do not appear in my game.

Neither in career mode (in which I already unlocked ion engines), nor in sandbox mode, from which I took the following screenshot:

YI4cCLR.png

Version 0.22 of the game, using a bunch of mods.

I'll be glad to provide any other information you might need to fix this. Or point me to my own stupid fault. ;)

Looks like you didn't install them right, you're missing a lot of parts that use MODEL{} from Stockalike as well. Have you placed my mods in the Parts folder, because that is incorrect, they should all be in GameData, so you should end up with this:

XoTYstb.png

Looks like you didn't install them right, you're missing a lot of parts that use MODEL{} from Stockalike as well. Have you placed my mods in the Parts folder, because that is incorrect, they should all be in GameData, so you should end up with this:

XoTYstb.png

I used the Mod Manager. Seems like it really is a dumb mistake on my part.

Thanks a lot for your help, I will try that later tonight and report back!

"The pack also includes some optional folders that you can install that will give the stock Ion and the RLA radial Ion sounds, created by kahlzun. - Temporarily removed while I figure out the correct folder structure."

If you need any help with the folders and getting those Ion Sounds to work, let me know.

Just tested it, everything is working as expected now. Thanks a lot for your patience and quick help!

I'm going to try out your engines now. :)

Glad to have helped, I hope you like the parts.

Any possibility of upping the ISP of the linear Aerospike engine? They are really underpowered compared to the KW rocketry engines

I'm not happy with the Cutter as it stands right now, next time I work on Stockalike I'll be updating the art and the config

Hoojiwana,

Is there any news, progress or anything since the last update? I'm getting curious...

fFoqIkT.jpg

Early stages of texturing!

If you need any help with the folders and getting those Ion Sounds to work, let me know.

Hey kahlzun, good to see you! The next thing to include your sounds (if your permission still stands) will be coming after 0.23 is out, and that looks to include much easier ways to add sounds to parts if Mus stream was anything to go by. Are you also able to maybe make a few new ones possibly?

glad to have helped, i hope you like the parts.

I'm not happy with the cutter as it stands right now, next time i work on stockalike i'll be updating the art and the config

ffoqikt.jpg

early stages of texturing!

Hey kahlzun, good to see you! The next thing to include your sounds (if your permission still stands) will be coming after 0.23 is out, and that looks to include much easier ways to add sounds to parts if mus stream was anything to go by. Are you also able to maybe make a few new ones possibly?

ohhhhh my what is that part!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!! And btw if you still plan on making NERVA length VASIMR thursters like on this http://payload.cargocollective.com/1/1/34851/761573/NK_Mission2Mars_2048.jpg :D

Edited by CrazyIvan

ohhhhh my what is that part!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!! And btw if you still plan on making NERVA length VASIMR thursters like on this http://payload.cargocollective.com/1/1/34851/761573/NK_Mission2Mars_2048.jpg :D

I love that pic! saw it in Popular science about two years ago, and replicated it with the near future propolsion pack.

I love that pic! saw it in Popular science about two years ago, and replicated it with the near future propolsion pack.

Yep I used that pack for a bit until I realized it made my game crash too much. Its a awesome concept but the parts look too out of place and this is why I have bugging Hoojiwana about a similar looking parts and thrusters from that picture for 6 months or something :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.