[0.21.x] Kerbal Crew Manifest v0.5.5.0 Released! 0.21 Compatible!!!

vXSovereignXv

Hey everyone,

Just installed this mod to gamedata and it has no problems at first.

When I click resume game in the main menu though nothing happens and I can't access any of my saves.

I have mechjeb and mouse flight mods installed.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!

Hey guys, having some trouble with this mod. I've installed it as instructed here, but there is no manifest icon in game? I tried adding the MODULE { name = CrewManifestModule } to the modules I'm working with, but still no icon? What am I missing? It's the latest (as of this post) version of KSP with MechJeb installed.

Hey guys, having some trouble with this mod. I've installed it as instructed here, but there is no manifest icon in game? I tried adding the MODULE { name = CrewManifestModule } to the modules I'm working with, but still no icon? What am I missing? It's the latest (as of this post) version of KSP with MechJeb installed.

The icon should be in the top left. It may be obscured by other UI features; if so, it should be visible in the Space Center view. Clicking on it allows you to move it around with sliders so you can see it elsewhere.

How exactly does permadeath work?

Does it delete them or just makes them not respawn, I kind of want to enable it, but I want to be able to use the respawn command to revive Jeb, would that work?

Not sure if this is known, but Crew Manifest will not work on other planets except Kerbin. I had used Sphere Launchpad to "teleport" a habitation module for my Space Station crew to live there, but it already had two Kerbals in the landing can.

Tried to use this, and there was no option to remove them. But the more I think about this, I think this isn't a bug at all. I mean, how are Kerbals supposed to get back home if you "kick them out" via Crew Manifest, on another planet? It's not very realistic.

Is this the reason?

Edited by Benie

I'm curious as to how this mod will be affected by the crew system update in .21. I have a feeling it's either going to be made obsolete (a good thing when a mods functions are taken over by the vanilla game) or it's going to be broken in a bad way....

Permadeath completely removes them from the roster. There would be no way to get Jeb back if he died while it's enabled.
You could...just edit him back in. Reset/turn off permadeath. 'Permanent' if you don't know your way around KSP's cfgs/settings files ect. Edited by Good_Apollo

Dear mod developer, could you take a look at this thread, especially the referenced post?

It is a savegame corrupting error that stems from referencing the array of Kerbals starting at 1 instead of 0.

I personally suspect your mod, though I love the functionality it adds.

Could you check whether there is a chance that you, for example, accidentally increment the crew index before reading/writing it? From personal experience, a misplaced ++var instead of var++ can make all the difference in the world when it comes to array boundaries.

Sincerely,

Ghostbird

Edited by Ghostbird
Clarified reason.

Dear mod developer, could you take a look at this thread, especially the referenced post?

It is a savegame corrupting error that stems from referencing the array of Kerbals starting at 1 instead of 0.

I personally suspect your mod, though I love the functionality it adds.

Could you check whether there is a chance that you, for example, accidentally increment the crew index before reading/writing it? From personal experience, a misplaced ++var instead of var++ can make all the difference in the world when it comes to array boundaries.

Sincerely,

Ghostbird

There's no where in the code in which I mess with the indexes of the crew lists. I add them either via methods written by Squad or using the Add() method on the list. (ex: part.Crew.Add(kerbal)). That's not to say there isn't something in my mod messing it up. I would just need more info to find it. I haven't ever seen it as I played.

I'm curious as to how this mod will be affected by the crew system update in .21. I have a feeling it's either going to be made obsolete (a good thing when a mods functions are taken over by the vanilla game) or it's going to be broken in a bad way....

I don't know what the new Crew Management system will offer. I'll most likely keep any functionality that isn't offered by the new system and scrap the rest. It will be nice to officially have this functionality in the game.

Not sure if this is known, but Crew Manifest will not work on other planets except Kerbin. I had used Sphere Launchpad to "teleport" a habitation module for my Space Station crew to live there, but it already had two Kerbals in the landing can.

Tried to use this, and there was no option to remove them. But the more I think about this, I think this isn't a bug at all. I mean, how are Kerbals supposed to get back home if you "kick them out" via Crew Manifest, on another planet? It's not very realistic.

Is this the reason?

The add/remove function is only enabled when the vessel is Landed at the launchpad or runway at KSC. This was the intended functionality.

• 2 weeks later...

So any word on when we can expect Crew manifest to be updated? I for one forgot how much of a hassle it was to EVA multiple kerbals across a station.

Also I wouldn't mind the kerbal creator to make a return as well along with respawning.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.