[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Never, trust forums search thing.

Really, I haven't seen a single forum that had a decent search engine. It doesn't seem to grasp "order by relevance" concept at all. Your best bet is advanced search and checking thread titles only. As long as the thread itself isn't oddly named, you should be good.

Hello BobCat, you plan for the future remodeling (and better textures) for modules MIR station?

Thanks for the answer.

New texture and fix models

1a8736cebad98e51f60b89c03a79ccab.png

a8cb2837a8e866b3247b63d89598f748.png

New RCS and control system

e7185c1c25fad995a4a6763fa884a2e8.png

FAR compatible IRL control descent profile

9efdabe93b392a32a0d02ccc4d512890.png

New double parachute system

e357bfb5f6fb31fac6e07ae708b07f56.png

2e73103d5c7682d35471222c53f7bbda.png

And after reentry texture change (maybe) ))

16a5ec2b4e17ff6aa1d4fd83e99ff903.png

0c7a9196413fc72733f3d0015cf5966a.png

Err... What main engines? The current Buran has OMS engines, just like this. Sure, they're strong enough that you can, in theory, use them like SSMEs, but that's not ​how they're meant to be used. Oh, and while they may be called "main engines", they're completely different from SSMEs. The only reason they're that strong is that it makes flying the Buran in orbit easier.

It's some time since I flew the Buran in this pack last, but IIRC it had some big engines that were fired at liftoff. Otherwise, I'm just really bad at remembering this stuff.

There's already such thing in the latest pack, it's only logical that the new one will have it, too.

They have the core module set up, but Im meaning for the other modules as well, and the description to say this bit docks to this bit on this bit

They have the core module set up, but Im meaning for the other modules as well, and the description to say this bit docks to this bit on this bit

The thing is, there's no definitive "this module goes here" on Mir. They moved some of the modules around multiple times, especially the Kristall, which was moved the first time the Space Shuttle docked at Mir.

Actually, there was. Kristall was only moved four times in total. Assuming Kvant 2 goes on the "front", Kristall first goes on the "back" node. Then it goes on "bottom" one, Spektr arrives (it goes on the "back" node), it goes to "left". It's then redocked to "bottom" when Shuttle/Buran arrives (until you bring a Docking Compartment). Priroda goes on the "right" node. The "top" node is always taken up by Kvant 1. Simple as that.

New Soyuz model and textures look awesome. If this is what the rest of the updated pack will look like then I'm drooling at the prospect :)

This is a really potentially stupid question, but has the Soyuz Descent Module go the retro rockets in the bottom for making a slower landing? I see the spots on the bottom after the heatsink separated.

New Soyuz model and textures look awesome. If this is what the rest of the updated pack will look like then I'm drooling at the prospect :)

This is a really potentially stupid question, but has the Soyuz Descent Module go the retro rockets in the bottom for making a slower landing? I see the spots on the bottom after the heatsink separated.

Only the TMA has them, they auto-fire too!

They are soft landing rockets that are meant to fire automatically at 7m above the ground, try not to fire tgem when jettisoning stages (I now decouple the heatshield manually so I dont accidently fire them prematurly

Actually, there was. Kristall was only moved four times in total. Assuming Kvant 2 goes on the "front", Kristall first goes on the "back" node. Then it goes on "bottom" one, Spektr arrives (it goes on the "back" node), it goes to "left". It's then redocked to "bottom" when Shuttle/Buran arrives (until you bring a Docking Compartment). Priroda goes on the "right" node. The "top" node is always taken up by Kvant 1. Simple as that.

Thanks, now I know which module docks where, I can try and figure out which parts go where on the modules themselves (solar panels, RCS thrusters etc) :huh:

e357bfb5f6fb31fac6e07ae708b07f56.png

A tip: use a KSP alpha translucent shader instead of the cutoff shader (alpha test) for strings. Alpha blend (aka translucent in KSP) is very good for thin things, unlike alpha test which does not filter so the strings look like pixels and not strings (as you can see in this shot). The disadvantage of alpha blend is that it is outside the z-buffer so there are sometimes problems with overlapping with other alpha blend textures.

Is the N-1 goibg to be made stable when launching with SAS? I can only keep it stable with it turned off

It's already stable. Did you update to the latest version? If it's still unstable, add winglets and turn off the first stage's gimbal.