HyperEdit - taken over by Ezriilc, this thread is dead

khyperia

I have it installed correctly and all but when I try to go ALT+ H nothing happens... =\

Steps to follow to make sure it's installed correctly:

Make sure the .dll is in the Plugins directory inside the KSP directory

Make sure there's a log message (checkable by pressing alt-f2 or checking KSP_data/output_log.txt) saying something along the lines of "hyperedit.dll loaded", or anything with the word "hyperedit" in it.

Make sure there's no exceptions (red text) in the debug log (alt-f2) when pressing alt-h.

If you're still having trouble, join the ksp irc (irc.esper.net, #KSPOfficial), and ping/tab me (I'm in there as "khyperia"). It'll be a lot easier to figure out what's going wrong if we can talk real-time. However, I'm probably going to sleep in a few minutes, so you might have to wait until tomorrow to catch me again.

Steps to follow to make sure it's installed correctly:

Make sure the .dll is in the Plugins directory inside the KSP directory

Make sure there's a log message (checkable by pressing alt-f2 or checking KSP_data/output_log.txt) saying something along the lines of "hyperedit.dll loaded", or anything with the word "hyperedit" in it.

Make sure there's no exceptions (red text) in the debug log (alt-f2) when pressing alt-h.

If you're still having trouble, join the ksp irc (irc.esper.net, #KSPOfficial), and ping/tab me (I'm in there as "khyperia"). It'll be a lot easier to figure out what's going wrong if we can talk real-time. However, I'm probably going to sleep in a few minutes, so you might have to wait until tomorrow to catch me again.

Being asked to load C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/../Plugins\HyperEdit.dll

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/812c4f5049264fad/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 43)

Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Plugins\HyperEdit.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading assembly: HyperEdit, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/812c4f5049264fad/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 43)

Found unit test: HyperEditModule

Thats what is says in the outputlog; and as well ingame it doesnt say anything in red text when I press ALT-H... As well the .dll file is in the plugins folder in KSP directory.

• 1 month later...

Damn it! Why did I not know of this before?

Absolutely essential to allow you to run simulations of mun landings / kethane rigs etc.

I coulda have saved myself *hours* of design-time with this.

Using it for simulations is one possibility, but my most used function is the ability to set up comm networks for RemoteTech that do NOT drift over time. No matter how perfect you set up your maneuvers (even with MechJeb), you always end up with a little drift between your satellites. Using Hyperedit (Misc Tools -> Align SMA) I can easily "fix" the previously launched satellites in an equal orbital length. This means no more slowly adding up of tiny drifts on super-long warp times (e.g. during interplanetary transfers) and suddenly losing contact because all your satellites clumped up their orbits, collapsing your entire relay network.