[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Also can you please fix the H-1 engines. Its damn near impossible to get the Saturn 1B into orbit. I know its supposed to be hard but I have to stage into the single j-2 at a little more than 6,000 feet. I am trying to do some Skylab missions and its just doesn't want to get into orbit, at least not with enough fuel to get back home. Certainly not enough to rendezvous and orbit. Were there two j-2's for the skylab saturn 1b's?

Drain some fuel from the CSM. :) Skylab missions launched with a single J-2, but the CSM didn't have its tanks full. Same with test flights for Apollo. Yes, you'll be cutting it close, so fly efficiently.

Mercury IVA and Working antenna in the cap.

Also incorporated the flag in the pod so you can turn it off and on and swap it to what ever you like.

Still working on it so it will be a bit before an update.

SFb1L5v.jpg

QwmuWk5.jpg

TtDphlA.jpg

Edited by frizzank

Any idea what the HG-3 engine would have looked like? I've read it evolved into the RS25, but can't seem to find any drawings of this; unlike the M-1 it seems to have been an entirely paper engine. Would be interesting to play with one in KSP.

snippy snip snip

Loving that IVA! And the camera angle used for the portrait looks glorious as well. Since RPM is a dependency of this mod, could we perhaps have an external camera as a periscope? I think that (short of designing all of the props realistically by hand), this would make the IVA complete. Besides that though, this is one of the best IVAs I've ever seen for Kerbal.

One last thing. It does seem like Denny is close to if not by now already done with the Apollo CM IVA
so is that eventually going to become part of the FASA pack?

If Denny work and for Mercury IVA,really this IVA will be a miracle.

I want see add the TV monitor of Apollo LEM,to the periscope place!!!

The Mercury IVA is the best of all!!!

So I finally got round to trying out this gorgeous new IVA today, and I think I'm in love. One really gets a feel for the cramped environment (much more so than with the Mk1 Pod), and the realism of the IVA is amazing. After playing A-OK! The Wings of Mercury a fair bit recently, I have got a feel for the Mercury capsule's interior, and this is the finest one can possibly get with stock props. I have been thinking about making my own Mercury pod for KSP (with a hyper-realistic IVA), but I don't think I need to any more after playing with this. One thing that's been bugging me though is the placement of the hatch. The texture shows the hatch in the correct position (left of the window), yet the actual hatch hit-box is on the window. If you don't want to change it, then that is fine, but it just seems slightly odd. Besides this, though, I am loving this new fix. Bravo!

Edited by CommanderSmith

I think I'd prefer if the numerical orbit info display was removed. It should be all analog gauges, its not something you'd rendezvous in anyway. Working switches are very welcome, though.

I think I'd prefer if the numerical orbit info display was removed. It should be all analog gauges, its not something you'd rendezvous in anyway. Working switches are very welcome, though.

You have right!

I am amateur,only now i try do with this IVA!

I try to replace this,with analogue...but i am not sure about the results!

I have serious problem with all these props (scale-position-rotation numbers of .cfg at the Spaces Folder).

Denny's capsule looked great but it didn't play nice with the reflection plugin and I really wanted it to have that chrome shine to it. So I re-worked it to a single material and it works much better now.

All the other parameters are the same so it will not break any existing craft.

Also added flags and working lights like the other pods

LPHOKpu.jpg

PVoS9iI.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.