[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

I see you added the roll thrusters. Any chance you could make them functional? Pretty please. :) Here's how the thrusters were actually laid out:

ad007.gif

All CM thrusters were activated after separation from the SM. It's a clever setup that allows pitch, roll, yaw and translating backwards.

BTW, Denny was making updates for the CSM. I told him to tell you, but I don't know if he did. :) It'd be really nice to have an IVA for the CSM, and Denny was working on one.

the only way roll thrusters can work on a single prop is to activate it with kerbals Reaction Wheel feature on the capsules. Otherwise your going to have to place individual rcs thrusters and then deactivate each one before launch and then activate them again on separation.

Its much easier to have the capsule have Reaction Wheels and use mono as fuel and then you pretend that they are working.

denny's capsule looked great but it didn't play nice with the reflection plugin and i really wanted it to have that chrome shine to it. So i re-worked it to a single material and it works much better now.

All the other parameters are the same so it will not break any existing craft.

Also added flags and working lights like the other pods

http://i.imgur.com/lphokpu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pvos9ii.jpg

My god, it's full of stars!!

As far as Dragon01's request, I know it's certainly possible. Have a look at LazTek's Dragon V2, it has built-in RCS on the capsule.

For RO, we added the RCS on by 'welding' the model to the capsule and defining the RCS parameters (since the models already have the RCS thruster point defined, nothing else needs to be done).

Edited by Felger
RCS info

the only way roll thrusters can work on a single prop is to activate it with kerbals Reaction Wheel feature on the capsules. Otherwise your going to have to place individual rcs thrusters and then deactivate each one before launch and then activate them again on separation.

Not anymore. It used to be the case, but now you can have roll control on a single part like that. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, you could weld all RCS thrusters to the CM (it might break saves, though).

The rotation on rcs is still bugged though, Gemini has roll thrusters on a single part and they still dont work correctly for translating torque....

Also there is no way to designate thrusters as roll only, as far as I know. Otherwise all thrusters activate every time you move.

Better diagram of the engine locations. I'm goign to test it with the thrusters apart of the capsule and see how it does.

CM-3.jpg

Edited by frizzank

Denny's capsule looked great but it didn't play nice with the reflection plugin and I really wanted it to have that chrome shine to it. So I re-worked it to a single material and it works much better now.

http://i.imgur.com/LPHOKpu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PVoS9iI.jpg

One request and it might just be my personal idiosyncrasy. The heatsheild really is unattractive. It works for after rentry but before it just really doesn't look good. Could you either make a clean heat shield or if you want Bobcats soyuz the thermal blanket burns off and looks really cool. I obviously I don't know how it works but it might be cool. Anyway that's really one my only complaints about the Saturn V.

Edit: with the new capsule texture especially. The used and crusty heat sheild would be a shame to put on.

Edited by sp1989

A small problem: I built a Mün lander with 4 Gemini Lander Legs *initially extended*. After the landing on the Mün and returning to the tracking station at KSC, the lander didn't showed up in the list anymore (all icons activated). I had placed a flag after landing (which is still showing on the map), and went back to it but the lander next to it was gone. I quick loaded (where the lander is still there) and tried to go back to KSC to reproduce the behaviour. But regardless of what I try to do, the lander just disappears. Then I had the idea that the Gemini Lander Legs might be the problem, since they are from a plugin and indeed: I turned the lander upside down in the low gravity so the landing legs didn't touched the ground and the lander was still there after returning to KSC. Placing him back on his legs made him disappear again. Then I had another idea: Maybe it was because the Gemini Lander Legs were never "officially" extended? Because I started with the lander on a carrier rocket from Kerbin with the landing legs already extended. So I retracted and extended the legs on the Mün and voilà: Now the game saves the lander correctly.

I don't know why this happens. Maybe there is some variable in the FASA plugin or so which makes the game think that the lander is still floating above the ground and so removes it from game when leaving the scene? If this problem was mentioned earlier in this thread, then sorry - I don't really want to read 364 pages... :wink: It would be nice to see this bug fixed. I use the newest FASA version.

Told ya so. :) I'd love to see the CM get a realistic RCS setup. You could also try putting RCS transforms on the top part of the Mercury capsule, it seems that the texture already sports them in that location, and they would work now.

BTW, since you're working on Saturn V, how about S-II ullage motors? You know, those mounted on the interstage ring. I just realized that you might be able to make them do double duty as 0.625m SRBs. In full thrust mode, they'd work as high-thrust ullage motors, while thrust limiter could bring their burn time up in order to become a handy small SRB.

Also, I've found a bug. There is an unused texture in FASA Apollo CSM folder. It's name is: "CSM_Latch_NRM Ãâ€Ãƒâ€¡ÃƒÂ¶ đ¦đżđ¬đŞÄÂĆ.mbm". It appears to be useless, and breaks Load On Demand. Could you get rid of it?

Well, the problem with that plugin is that you can't pick which transforms to restrict if you're dealing with a block (or a whole pod with RCS modeled in). A setup like FASA could do it, I suppose, because the the pitch and yaw thrusters are separate parts.

Denny's capsule looked great but it didn't play nice with the reflection plugin and I really wanted it to have that chrome shine to it. So I re-worked it to a single material and it works much better now.

http://i.imgur.com/LPHOKpu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PVoS9iI.jpg

That looks Stunning Sir! Great job *Loud Applause*

I seem to have run into an RCS bug. Using the included Saturn V craft file I got out to the Mun, then after undocking CM and LM the LM RCS died. Decent/Ascent engines work fine. The RCS just quit working. The CM was unaffected. Also the whole thing seemed to use a lot of mono, or needs larger amount in the config.

I seem to have run into an RCS bug. Using the included Saturn V craft file I got out to the Mun, then after undocking CM and LM the LM RCS died. Decent/Ascent engines work fine. The RCS just quit working. The CM was unaffected. Also the whole thing seemed to use a lot of mono, or needs larger amount in the config.

I mean I hate to state the obvious but you probably ran out of mono. I've never heard of the RCS dying.

Unless something caused it to break, you can get ROM functionality from the probe camera from my mod.

I have you mod installed maybe, I did something wrong but could set a number for the cam and on launchpad just get crewreport from them will check again and much thanks for your mod too love the updated one.

EDIT- Scratch I see MOARdV you added them by CFG :)

Edited by Mecripp2

Yep that is what is happening, How do I separate the LM and CM RCS? Can they be set to a group?

In the VAB just simply right click on the LEM. At the end of the sliders there is a green triangle. Click the triangles for mono prop and you are good to go. That fuel won't be used until you need it. You do this by simply right clicking in game and click the red circle with a line in it.

My KSP seems to have broken itself, but I cannot verify the files (I have the Steam version) or re-download it because the Wifi Im on right now doesnt allow it, would anyone please send me a zip file of the KSP file so I can fix it, the staging icons have disappeared and I cannot launch anything. I have removed all mods yet it still will not work.

My KSP seems to have broken itself, but I cannot verify the files (I have the Steam version) or re-download it because the Wifi Im on right now doesnt allow it, would anyone please send me a zip file of the KSP file so I can fix it, the staging icons have disappeared and I cannot launch anything. I have removed all mods yet it still will not work.

Basically,we cannot help you if we send you a .zip file of KSP,that would basically make everyone watching this exact post spread it to torrenting sites,which is bad and Squad will be mad. And,you CAN verify the files Just go in properties and Verify integrity of game files,If that doesnt work,I dont know what will. You could join the dark side,or the light side.. whichever you choose

No offense though interily,Not trying to make you Sad and all.

P.S Maybe you could try making a support thread,And Or Provide Logs. Or Reinstall steam,Once you get into a wifi,that will work thatll allow you to download KSP and steam.

P.S.S Im sorry,if i tried to act rude and or mad.

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.