[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Fixed launch clamps.

They work just like the stock ones, only they look a little more FASA like.

Umbilicals are next...

The scorches on the inner side of the clamps, where they're not really visible until after launch, is a nice touch.

Finished the Umbilicals, they provide resources for your rocket, fuel mono and electricity. Combined with the tweakables you could put an empty rocket on the pad and then fill it up with fuel and kerbals.

I will post a link sometime today for the whole update. After I am done tweaking the values.

Does anyone know what the command is to make a particle fx play on load. There is running, activate and a few others, but I couldn't find one that would do it on load. I want to have some gasses leaking out of the hoses while its sitting on the pad.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by frizzank

Finished the Umbilicals, they provide resources for your rocket, fuel mono and electricity. Combined with the tweakables you could put an empty rocket on the pad and then fill it up with fuel and kerbals.

I will post a link sometime today for the whole update. After I am done tweaking the values.

http://imgur.com/a/pbOSc

That

That is AMAZING!!!! Oh, you spelled umbilicals wrong in the album title.

When is the next release?

We all are just going to pretend that you got overexcited about the umbilicals, clamps and launchtower and forgot one never ever asks when a mod is going to be released. Just bad form, old boy. Now apologize to frizzank and wait like the rest of us. And remember, no good mod before its time. :cool:

*Drops her corned beef sandwich and ohhhs at the launch tower! then meeps looking for her sandwich. * I LOVE THAT TOWER can not wait to test it out, That would be a GREAT addition to the launch pad at The Mass Key Shipyards rocket facility. I look forward to trying it out once you leak a test version. *Noms on the newly found sandwich and sitars at the picture of the tower! " ooooooohhhhhhhhh (think little green alien's from toy story.)

The towers works just like the stock clamps as far as placement goes. If you do put it too far off angle it looks a little weird...

Please post bugs as you find them, If all goes well I will update the spaceport download in a few days. I still need to update most of the craft files but you can still play with this until then.

3.7 Added launch tower, Redstone 1.25m Clamp and 2.5m Clamp, Atlas Radial Clamp, and Umbilical Tower.

If your rocket "Pops" on load to the pad and is off center. Reload your scene and it will fix it.

Added Stackable Equipment Part.

Added Mercury RCS thruster.

Added "Fairing" and "Cargo Bay" to part titles for FAR support.

Mercury Pod has RCS thruster part now, no more reaction wheel on the pod.

Increased Gemini LES thrust to 250.

Agena Antenna now weighs the same as other antenna's and science parts to make weight balancing easier.

Removed surface attach from Agena Docking.

Moved the MOL equipment to utility.

Fixed LR-91 Mini FX bug

Fixed Gemini Legs from falling through the ground and animation bug on white ones.

Increased Agena engine to 65. Decreased ISP to 395. Increased the mass to .45

Increased Agena FP Mono engine to 20. Increased ISP 415, makes a great interplanetary mono thruster now.

Increased the mass of mercury's parachute, now same as stock one. Helps with weirdness.

http://www./download/kpwljb4lzp4aa50/FASA3.70.zip

Edited by frizzank

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.