[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Removing FASA fixed the error though. No offense, but, it stands to reason that if the error only occurs when FASA is installed, and not after it's uninstalled, then the problem should be with FASA, not the other mods,

If that were true then only having FASA installed would produce the same error. Its a conflict between FASA and another combination of mods you have installed. Can you post your KSP.log file and maybe we can find the issue.

I'd hate to have to start all over again, is there any way to reinstall but save my existing career, so I don't have to start from scratch?

You can copy your save games somewhere else and back them up. They are in a folder called "saves" in the main KSP directory.

If that were true then only having FASA installed would produce the same error. Its a conflict between FASA and another combination of mods you have installed. Can you post your KSP.log file and maybe we can find the issue.

You can copy your save games somewhere else and back them up. They are in a folder called "saves" in the main KSP directory.

The cap doesn't work with the cargo bay (I edited the above pic)

Explorer 1 is realy hard to control when gravity turning under low thrust, increase weight maybe?

Also: I flew MOL into orbit, as soon as I circularize it was knocked out of orbit by a mysterious force (idk what is was, throttle was at zero no exhaust emissives or Dv changes but there was an engine sound)

I apologize for the stack bay not working. There is something terribly wrong with the cfg to prevent it from attaching in the correct places. I had it on a craft already and when I loaded the craft it worked, I didn't test it by placing it on an all new craft so I never saw the bug. I will put up a fix in a few hours.

Can you post a pic of the craft? What was attached to it? Is it repeatable or just a weird physics bug?

The equipment bays had some extra attach nodes, apparently you cant have different facing directions on the same part.

craft was the standard MOL with the transtage as the current stage with the bay doors retracted. i cannot access the copy of KSP that i used right now so il get pics up tomorrow/repeat the experiment to see if i can be repeated.

and my other issue? should i try making the explorer main stage tank heavier to help with gravity turning at low throttle? i had it at 50% to be more fuel efficient.

one more thing, the little radial tanks of various fuels you include are really useful, could you add bigger/longer sizes of them all?

Edited by DarthVader

ok, I tried uninstalling everything but FASA, and the runtime error stopped, but it's still giving me the KSP error message and crashing.

here's the log for that attempt.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18212815/KSP2.log

It crashed right before here

PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'FASA/Spaces/FASA_IVA_Empty/internal/FASA_IVA_Empty'

Try deleting "FASA_IVA_Empty" in your "GameData/FASA/Spaces" folder.

Then close down and re-run KSP.

craft was the standard MOL with the transtage as the current stage with the bay doors retracted. i cannot access the copy of KSP that i used right now so il get pics up tomorrow/repeat the experiment to see if i can be repeated.

and my other issue? should i try making the explorer main stage tank heavier to help with gravity turning at low throttle? i had it at 50% to be more fuel efficient.

one more thing, the little radial tanks of various fuels you include are really useful, could you add bigger/longer sizes of them all?

With the tweakables in now I was going to get rid of the LOX and H2 tanks. You can make the main one just LOX if you want. I was going to replace them with different sizes of tanks that had all 3 fuels in them and then you could just pick the ones you wanted.

Are you using the Redstone fins? Start your gravity turn while your still lower in the atmosphere, the fins will help. Your goal is to keep burning almost the whole way. I didn't try it with a half tank, so the rocket may be off balanced some.

Edited by frizzank

Fix for just the MOL bug. Copy it over your old FASA_Gemini_MOL folder in the FASA/Gemini2 directory.

http://www./download/ebpv3s302q1o31u/FASA_Gemini_MOL.zip

3.72 with some various fixes along with MOL fixes. No Apollo parts yet.

Lowered thrust of LR91 to 255 and weight to 2.15

Made MOL cargo bay easier to place. Moved attach points around.

Removed Empty IVA, was causing problems with other mods.

Fixed MOL stack bays and Cap, can now attach to things.

http://www./download/y3392o6iaamvoy4/FASA3.72.zip

Progress on 1B, I decided to build it first as prototypes just to make sure everything would work together correctly before I got too far into it. I also made a Saturn V analog just to see if the J2 single engine stage was right for lunar insertion.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Uhm, that J-2 looks nothing like the real one. Is it that you're just testing out the .cfg and haven't made the mesh yet?

Nope that's the one you get, white textures and all. Also the fuel tanks are all black now and the Saturn V is using asparagus staging.

Uhm, that J-2 looks nothing like the real one. Is it that you're just testing out the .cfg and haven't made the mesh yet?

He stated in the image caption "rough engines" and that he was in the prototype/testing phase. Geez.

Perhaps you can make the J-2 model instead and save frizzank some time.

Nope that's the one you get, white textures and all. Also the fuel tanks are all black now and the Saturn V is using asparagus staging.

That is the response you get for such a stupid question.... :D

In all seriousness I changed the caption to better reflect that it was a temporary model after he asked. It's just the H2 scaled for the prototype. An actual proper J2 will get made later.

Right now there is an attachment plate at the bottom of the fuel tank that has all the nodes for the 8x engine configurations, plus an additional one in the middle. I may just put the nodes on the bottom of the fuel tank, but the attachment plate is kind of cool for other things more Kerbal in nature....

I knew it was a placeholder, I just asked a stupid question so that no one else had to ask later. :P

That H-1 is indeed a beauty. And I think the baseplate/tank combo would be better, if it would hold up under load. It's much more flexible (i.e. put 4 BIG engines and four efficient engines onboard for SSTO ops.)

I tried again with a fresh install of the new version, but I still got an error message, so on a lark I went through the FASA files and resized all of the .tgas to half their original size, now it works. (although I think I broke the alpha channels in the batch resize, but I think I can fix that.)

Thanks for all the help!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.