LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

Ty for that :) only other mods i am using are Mecjeb and quantum struts the parts load so i can build with them it just never loads to the launch pad :(

i am now also getting a Microsoft Visual c++ runtime error so could be my end lol >.<

Try installing a fresh copy of KSP and perhaps leave out quantum struts. Always test one mod at a time. There probably isn't any conflict if you're just using mechjeb and q-struts. Lack doesn't use any plugins so there shouldn't be any conflict. Also I recommend Kethane and Extraplanetary Launch Pads. I'm soon to release a small addon to LLL under Jool Mining Corporation for use with the aforementioned mods.

I tried to launch it normally but in the end it would only just reach 50 km and then run out of fuel. It hasn't got the most fuel in it anyway it is just to look cool. So I downloaded Hyperedit to get it into a 100 km orbit and then did everything else manually. Shame really, I hoped I could get it into orbit normally.

I tried to launch it normally but in the end it would only just reach 50 km and then run out of fuel. It hasn't got the most fuel in it anyway it is just to look cool. So I downloaded Hyperedit to get it into a 100 km orbit and then did everything else manually. Shame really, I hoped I could get it into orbit normally.

Do you have the NP pack? There is almost nothing you cant get into orbit with it, check this monster someone made (Just takes alot of fuel and power):

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/38732-The-Far-Wanderer-Class-Mobile-Base

EditL: You can do it! Launch that awesome ship normally.

I'll try and find the NP pack, but I am concentrating on building a station that is one unit at the moment.

How many tons does it weigh? I just put something that is 160 into orbit quite easily (so much so im starting to consider some parts I'm using broken [probably shouldn't be surprised,idk] ).

How many tons does it weigh? I just put something that is 160 into orbit quite easily (so much so im starting to consider some parts I'm using broken [probably shouldn't be surprised,idk] ).

It's 143 at the moment, hopefully when Dice updates the boats parts pack with the naval guns I'll add some weapons to it, so that will add some weight.

Edited by Mail_Manof_Doom

v0.1.0 = v0.01.0, it's not a decimal it's a series of decimal delineated integers

Version#.Subversion#.Patch#, KSP Version 0, subversion 21, Patch 2

Edited by Greys

I just finished watching Moon and I wanted to say, thanks for putting me on to a great film. :) Now I just wish we could get the many faces of GERTY into one of the little windows in the lower right in place of one of the kerbals... his little back-and-forth face switching would be perfect just before launch. :D

Edited by Gaius

I just finished watching Moon and I wanted to say, thanks for putting me on to a great film. :) Now I just wish we could get the many faces of GERTY into one of the little windows in the lower right in place of one of the kerbals... his little back-and-forth face switching would be perfect just before launch. :D

Yeah. That's one of my favourite movies. I still listen to the soundtrack while I play KSP :P

Stock KSP doesn't yet have a resource system that is complex enough to recognize more complex rocket systems, and for a part pack like this it's against the mod's usefulness to use custom resources which are likely not in use beyond the mod. It's generally expected that eventually KSP will have a more complex resource system that supports Hydrogen fueled system, or Hydrogen Analog, but in the meantime it's doubtful that LLL will as stock support anything resembling correct NERVA engines.

However, there's a mod, Modular Fuel Systems, which contains a set of Real Fuels, which convert stock systems to contain and use appropriate fuel types, and yes that means, A, nuclear rockets use Hydrogen (and all stock tanks can contain Hydrogen), and B, they also contain and very very slowly expend Nuclear Material, eventually rendering the engine itself useless.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/31706-0-20-Modular-Fuel-System-1-3-realistic-fuels-reconfigurable-fuel-tanks-and-engines

I have no idea if this is currently compatible with 0.21, but when it is, even without the real fuels it's very useful.

Also, Real Fuels are Hard.

Hi everyone,

Apologises for the absence, I've been busy with work and my body doing it's level best to kill me (okay, that's slight hyperbole, just been a bit ill). So I've spent more time actually playing KSP than making stuff for it.

If people catch bugs with 0.21 then post them here, if anyone wants to tackle the ASAS .cfgs and post it then that would be great. If not I'll get round to it in the next day or two.

----

I also aim to post a dev build of what I've got at the moment within the next few days. A fair number of the parts still need changing from .png to .tga, but I've done a lot of it and load times + memory usage should be much improved. There's also a number of new parts.

Fair warning though, it'll probably break existing bits as I've changing the orientation of a number of parts so they show up in the part list better. I also seem to recall dropping a few parts, although in all honesty I can't remember all the changes I've made.

----

Here's a few screenshots for you from my messing around.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Javascript is disabled. View full album

There's one or two other mod's parts there, notably B9, Robotic Arms, Kethane, AIES Aerospace, Tri-strut as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.