[0.22] Kerbal Maps: Web maps of all bodies. Biomes and text info. (v0.11 Oct 8)

saik0

6 hours ago, damaltor said:

on my site, most of the json data is missing. if you have a source for the json files, please give them to me and i will put them up. when i scraped the leftovers from the original kerbalmaps.com, i got most images but only very few json files. they contain biome, height and slope data.

i have no idea if it might have what you would need, but just thought I would mention that Telemachus, and several addon UI's for it, also used the old mapping site...

IIRC, @Drew Kerman may have been involved with getting Telemachus sorted out, to use your new map site...mebbe he knows whether theres anything in Telemachus or any of the many seperate UI addons for it that might be useful? vOv

Oh, also, i have about ~6.8GB of zipped maps for stock planets: color and slope relief, elevation, and true color composites... not all complete...

I'd like to know where they came from, and who did them, and if they are shareable, if anyone knows, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Stone Blue

Well, there was a big archive of data floating around the interwebz shrtly after kerbalmaps.com was down. i have that. also, i made a small script which scraped kerbalmaps.com and tried to download all json and jpg files, which gaines another few 100MB of data. thats all i have. as far a s i know, i have all image files, for all planets, for sat picture, slope, height and biome. i have only the json files for one or two zoom layers though, which is why the info box in the lower left works only for kerbin in very few zoom levels. the information in this box is provided by the json files. as long as i dont have them, i cannot add them to the temporary maps, obviously. i did not find a second source for them (but to be honest i did not do a deep search for a source, either). if the json files in your data are more complete, i would be happy to put them together.

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

may have been involved with getting Telemachus sorted out, to use your new map site...mebbe he knows whether theres anything in Telemachus or any of the many seperate UI addons for it that might be useful? vOv

fraid not. the only contribution I ever made to telemachus was letting them use my plotting code to show orbits on the maps

• 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.