[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

4th Orbit and successful test flight of the smaller Orbiter

VOk95wb.jpg

Got a craft file for that beauty?

It's ridiculously easy to get the new Heinlein into orbit. Good god.

Those SABRE engines are a bit overpowered. Not to say that they aren't nice advancement IRL, But a single Rockomax tank and the largest SABRE engine gets me into orbit and then some. Other than that I really love this mod.

This is not a bug report or anything, i love this mod. In fact i created my first plane bc of it. My question is to anyone. I can fly my plane pretty good without any ASAS or the one for ground detection. But when i put the control devices on it becomes unmanageable. Are the devices for actual orbit flgiht or sub? Does this mean im not building my plane correctly? Ive been looking on Youtube for a tutorial but nothing good has come up so far.

EDIT: ok so i loaded the pre built planes noticed the stabilizers jerk around the same way w ACS/ASAS turned on. Is there a way to make them stop jerking so much?

Edited by viperwolf

Got a craft file for that beauty?

It's ridiculously easy to get the new Heinlein into orbit. Good god.

Still working on it. It can get a fuel tank of 5 mass to Orbit no problem but it leaves absolutely no room for any error in doing it, so I had to throw a few extra small fuel tanks in for some lee way. I built this thing with a fuel tank in the cargo bay the whole time. If it can get it to Orbit then it'll be fine no matter what the cargo is. I'm just getting it fine tuned to have some Lee-Way to be able to rendevous. The first stage gets it to coasting to the apoapsis, then it circularizes its own orbit with its own fuel and two engines, does its thing, and has enough fuel to De-orbit. It glides into KSC. I'd love a thinner S2 fuselage Liquid/Oxi fuel tank to throw on rather than the longer one but oh well

Edited by Sabor

"If you have a 32-bit machine, sorry, you're out of luck. We reduced the memory load of B9 from 1.8Gb to under 800Mb, but if you're running under a 2GB per-process limit there's no way you're going to load this, or any other large packs."

Just get some image viewer program,like Irfanview (im strongly recommend it) and resize all the textures to 512x512 in the mod.

32bit(24) color 1024x1024 pixels .PNG images eating up to 3mb memory each,there is even 2048x2048 pixels size texture in the mod (MK2 cockpit) wich eating up 12mb memory alone.(+model +etc textures)

This game at the current state dont need the "ultragigaHD" textures,Skyrim still looking very good with 512x512 textures and KSP too ;)

Here some calculations and image with half(512x512) textures.

2048x2048 =12mb

1024x1024 =3mb

512x512 =768kb

256x256=198kb

JRlgL3L.jpg

i guess you dont notice the difference,but i still have a plenty of memory and a stable 60fps... (win32bit,C2D 6850,9800Gt,4gigs memory(3.2))

Why would you want to resize the textures when texture quality slider in the graphics options does the same thing by telling the game to use lower mip levels?

Ksp currently using ~826 Mb memory with resized textures and Default terrain,disabled scatters and "Half Res" texture settings. (lot of mods)

Insta out of memory crash if i using your mod without resizing.(any mod) :)

I noticed an odd issue with the new engines, but it may be because I have the engines (non-vectored supersonic turbojets) mounted underneath the wings. I didn't take any screenshots, but I'm using the S2 fuselage, with the large HL wings mounted on top of the fuselage. With the engines mounted underneath, the center of thrust is almost exactly in line with the center of mass (until I figured this out, the attitude problem was much, much worse.) Even so, getting up in altitude (typically 25KM+) results in my thrust wanting to kick the nose up and over. I can manage this by managing my thrust, but it's still obnoxious. I don't know how complex the aerodynamics and physics are, but is this because the engines underneath are exerting an umm, 'axial' force that cause it to nose up and over? And I'm guessing this is never a problem at lower altitudes because of the thicker air. Is this a realistic concern with similar planes? Mine somewhat resembles the B-52 in design, as an FYI.

This seems very familiar with how placing intakes in the wrong spot causes the extra drag off center and pulls your craft off-direction.

If you know your way around the system, you can also try using a "3GB switch", which raises the limit to 3GB per process. That an axing the resolution when running a windowed mode (a minor tradeoff) will get you a great memory bonus. Oh, and set rendering quality to fastest, as there's no real difference aside from memory/stability improvement.

If you know your way around the system, you can also try using a "3GB switch", which raises the limit to 3GB per process. That an axing the resolution when running a windowed mode (a minor tradeoff) will get you a great memory bonus.

The game itself already can use more than 3GB of RAM AFAIK. The problem is likely that he only has 4GB of RAM to start with, and Windows and other application will eat into that a good bit.

Thanks a lot for this awesome parts pack.

I was building planes all night long when R3 was released. :cool:

After some tinkering I built the beauty you can see below. I used TT's Multiwheels as landing gear.

I even managed to get it to space reliably.

The crew return vehicle for six Kerbals:

qFXidex.jpg?1

The launcher:

kWwguUa.jpg?1

The game itself already can use more than 3GB of RAM AFAIK. The problem is likely that he only has 4GB of RAM to start with, and Windows and other application will eat into that a good bit.

Yes, the game itself can. The problem is, without the switch, the system won't give it to KSP. If the switch is on, KSP could get 3GB and Windows would be forced to 1GB of RAM, and none too happy about that. It will cause an occasional popup telling you to close KSP (which you're free to ignore), but will help with crashes, or at least did for me.

Bac9, with the two new cargo bays, the S2 and that huge wide one, do you plan on adding a couple optional parts that open like the front of a C-5 Galaxy, except in the back?

By that I mean I either have duplicates of every part orrrrr I have only the newest parts

make sure you have the latest versions of KSP and B9, after that follow the install instructions included with B9

Bac9, with the two new cargo bays, the S2 and that huge wide one, do you plan on adding a couple optional parts that open like the front of a C-5 Galaxy, except in the back?

Or maybe even a c-5 cockpit. Would certainly be interesting.

Wow, I love the Saber engines, but why do they not display the fuel in the staging section? I'm running 0.20.2 with B9 R3c. Is there a plugin that conflicts with B9? Still though, great work on the pack. Got my first test space plane into orbit.

UlZGhoA.jpg