[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

technicaly that is a wheel.

Anyway, try re-downloading.

Also you could have them mounted backwards, which has some wierd effects.

Ahhh! Technicalities!

Anyway, I'll try re-downloading, but the issues may or may not be backwards mounting, because this was encountered on Bac9's actual craft files.

Okay, I'm having problems installing this and I'm not sure what to do. Here's a step-by-step walkthrough of what I did:

1) I downloaded and un-zipped the mod.

2) Dragged the Ships and GameData folders into the KSP_osx folder and overwrote the corresponding ones.

3) Loaded the game up (after duplicating my saves as a precaution). The new parts are all there as far as I can tell (and they look pretty awesome!), but the Squad stock parts are all gone.

3) I re-installed the game and re-downloaded the mod. This time, instead of over-writing the folders, I opened them and dragged the new stuff into the GameData and Ships folders that came with the game.

4) Loaded the game up. It is unable to get past the loading screen; stuck on the Mk 1 cockpit.

5) Opened the readme and followed its advice: I replaced GameData from the root folder with the one from the Textures_Reduced folder.

6) Loaded the game up. It opens fine, but none of the new parts are there.

7) Re-installed and re-downloaded the mod and the game. Awaiting instructions.

Please help!

Okay, I'm having problems installing this and I'm not sure what to do. Here's a step-by-step walkthrough of what I did:

1) I downloaded and un-zipped the mod.

2) Dragged the Ships and GameData folders into the KSP_osx folder and overwrote the corresponding ones.

3) Loaded the game up (after duplicating my saves as a precaution). The new parts are all there as far as I can tell (and they look pretty awesome!), but the Squad stock parts are all gone.

3) I re-installed the game and re-downloaded the mod. This time, instead of over-writing the folders, I opened them and dragged the new stuff into the GameData and Ships folders that came with the game.

4) Loaded the game up. It is unable to get past the loading screen; stuck on the Mk 1 cockpit.

5) Opened the readme and followed its advice: I replaced GameData from the root folder with the one from the Textures_Reduced folder.

6) Loaded the game up. It opens fine, but none of the new parts are there.

7) Re-installed and re-downloaded the mod and the game. Awaiting instructions.

Please help!

Yeah, that's not how it's done with OSX... Just dragging and dropping replaces one folder with the other, instead of merging... I'm not experienced in Mac OS so I can't really help you... You could try opening the GameData folder that you downloaded and copying the B9 folder into your KSP dir's GameData. I think that's how it's done. It's the method I use for Windows and should work fine since you're not replacing anything...

Same goes for the Ships folder.

Yeah, that's not how it's done with OSX... Just dragging and dropping replaces one folder with the other, instead of merging... I'm not experienced in Mac OS so I can't really help you... You could try opening the GameData folder that you downloaded and copying the B9 folder into your KSP dir's GameData. I think that's how it's done. It's the method I use for Windows and should work fine since you're not replacing anything...

Same goes for the Ships folder.

Already tried that; see step 3. (the second one)

I did the same thing with the Textures_Reduced contents; the game loads fine but the new parts are nowhere to be found. See steps 5 and 6.

I appreciate the help, though.

I know I have posted it a long time ago here, but I will post it again, even though Bac9 said it was not a bug.

This is what happens when you warp with lights on and they happen to be pointing towards a planet:

http://imgur.com/a/0xFui

The stock lights never do this.

I am starting to think this is some plugin thing related to lightning, because it happens with other light mods too.

Only the stock lights don't do things like this.

Fact of matter is - no official reply yet :(

I am starting to think this is some plugin thing related to lightning, because it happens with other light mods too.

Only the stock lights don't do things like this.

Fact of matter is - no official reply yet :(

I have had stock lights do that too. They even joke about it on one of the light parts.

Has anyone else noted issues with the landing gear? As compared to the TT Multiwheels gear, the B9 gear seem to "stick" to the runway and cause all kinds of weird behavior on takeoff's. Swapping out to the TT gear solves the issues.

I noticed another quite unusual behaviour of the B9 gears*: during acceleration on the Runway the single and dual gears alike started to 'wobble' sideways (bending left and right, mostly switching sides from frame to frame) with about 5 tons of Aeroplane weight per wheel.

The tilted wheels cause parts of my plane to 'steer' sideways, eventually resulting in a plane crash before Takeoff, struts don't help very much. I suspect that the Gears can be bent sideways much easier than the stock gears, causing even low sideways forces to bend them much further than what would be healthy for my Kerbals. This is supported by the fact that the high clearance gears seem to show this tilting more frequently.

My questions are:

- is anyone experencing something similar, has probably even found a solution?

- is this the result of something that is supposed to be the way it is (It's not a bug - it's a feature)?

- are the developers going to do something about that?

If you need to reproduce the issue, I can provide a SSTO design that always crashes this way unless you activate the 18 VTOL Engines I've added.

*the only other mod I use is Ferram aerospace research

Yes that happens to me with the stock gear as well as the rescales. I combat this by mounting the gear straight rather than at an angle.

To be fair this would probably happen in real life if you tried to mount gear like that!

Unity wheel collider is not a wheel.

Its an infinitely narrow line pointing down from the suspension's centre point, and it only calculates forces correctly when pointing perfectly perpendicular to the surface its on. Because its rubbish.

So yes, all wheels in KSP (and the new landing gear) will do strange things when they're not pointing perfectly perpendicular against the terrain.

:(I have tried reinstalling B9 several times, but the Heavy Duty Landing Gear (of all types) doesn't seem to be in the 'Landing' Tech Tree, nor are the Cargo Holds (of all types) showing in any Tech Tree. Thanks in advance for any help!

(I also have Nova Punch and MechJeb Installed)

P.S. Do NOT reply, I have now fixed the problem!

Edited by IvR Cobra141

Unity wheel collider is not a wheel.

Its an infinitely narrow line pointing down from the suspension's centre point, and it only calculates forces correctly when pointing perfectly perpendicular to the surface its on. Because its rubbish.

So yes, all wheels in KSP (and the new landing gear) will do strange things when they're not pointing perfectly perpendicular against the terrain.

I liked the "rubbish" part.

But I did wish there was a mod that made bigger B9-styled gear with like, 6 wheeled gear. Like the main gear on a Boeing 777. It's been in my head for a while, and it'll probably help with stability on bigger planes.

I do like the current B9 gear though, it looks a thousand times more stylish than anything else I've ever seen (except the other B9 parts, which are just as cool)

Btw, any plans for a wide-body set of HL fuselage parts? I tried making a rover garage but unless I use the tiny silver stock wheels the rover is too wide for the cargo bay. I would use the S2 Widebody sets but there's no cargo tail ramp for those. ._.

Thx for the awesome mod, my planes have never looked better.

Thanks for the link, but it didn't change anything. My results are the same as when I merged them manually.

Are you sure the files you downloaded all contain a "part.cfg"? If you're using a re-texture pack it could be just the models and textures...

I'm having a problem installing this on Windows 8. I installed the mod on a clean 0.22 install by moving the folders into the main KSP directory, but the game stops loading and becomes unresponsive just as the loading bar reaches the end. Here are the steps I have taken to attempt to make B9 Aerospace work.

1. Attempted using the Reduced Texture pack. Game loaded, but B9 parts did not appear in parts selection.

2. Attempted install of B9 on a separate, clean install of KSP version 0.22 using both texture packs, same loading failures as before.

3. Used Mediafire mirror and previous methods, further failure to load.

any solutions?

Are you sure the files you downloaded all contain a "part.cfg"? If you're using a re-texture pack it could be just the models and textures...

They didn't, so I copied them over and now the parts are all there. Thank you so much! :D

Btw, any plans for a wide-body set of HL fuselage parts? I tried making a rover garage but unless I use the tiny silver stock wheels the rover is too wide for the cargo bay. I would use the S2 Widebody sets but there's no cargo tail ramp for those. ._.

Ya join the club >_<

They're supposed to overheat, Taverius said a gfew pages back.

I upped the heat values for the mediums since unlike the smalls they were never heating up. I need to check if its too high though, but I'm delaying doing it because I need to write a custom plugin to check the part's heat. ._.

I liked the "rubbish" part.

But I did wish there was a mod that made bigger B9-styled gear with like, 6 wheeled gear. Like the main gear on a Boeing 777. It's been in my head for a while, and it'll probably help with stability on bigger planes.

I do like the current B9 gear though, it looks a thousand times more stylish than anything else I've ever seen (except the other B9 parts, which are just as cool)

Thx for the awesome mod, my planes have never looked better.

You can't do multi-wheel trolleys without a custom plugin.