[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I love the look of the S2 and S2 wide body parts but I feel there isn't enough of them for me to build my dream spaceplane. I think the following parts would be really useful:

• thin tanks for LF, LFO and RCS for S2 and S2 wide body, just like the Mk3 counterparts
  • S2 wide body tri-coupler - instead of an adaptor to go from S2 wide to S2 (but without the intake), you could have a tri-couper where the two sides end in protrusions with a node hiding inside on each side while the centre body tapers down to a S2. We can then hide engines inside the side protrusion for that sleek inline intake -> engine look. For those who just want a S2 wide to S2 adaptor you could then make a wedge piece that can fit into the side node which gives a seamless connection back to a S2
  • S2 wide body crew tank - cos that's why you have wide body right? Two aisle for faster in flight meal service
  • inline docking port - the main reason why I want them is I don't want to stick the stock docking port on that sleek fuselage and ruin the good looks. But rather than having another fuselage piece dedicated for this maybe something could be done about those cargo bays? Perhaps some kind of kit that fit inside a cargo bay that will extend out a docking port when doors are open?

I love the look of the S2 and S2 wide body parts but I feel there isn't enough of them for me to build my dream spaceplane. I think the following parts would be really useful:

• thin tanks for LF, LFO and RCS for S2 and S2 wide body, just like the Mk3 counterparts
  • S2 wide body tri-coupler - instead of an adaptor to go from S2 wide to S2 (but without the intake), you could have a tri-couper where the two sides end in protrusions with a node hiding inside on each side while the centre body tapers down to a S2. We can then hide engines inside the side protrusion for that sleek inline intake -> engine look. For those who just want a S2 wide to S2 adaptor you could then make a wedge piece that can fit into the side node which gives a seamless connection back to a S2
  • S2 wide body crew tank - cos that's why you have wide body right? Two aisle for faster in flight meal service
  • inline docking port - the main reason why I want them is I don't want to stick the stock docking port on that sleek fuselage and ruin the good looks. But rather than having another fuselage piece dedicated for this maybe something could be done about those cargo bays? Perhaps some kind of kit that fit inside a cargo bay that will extend out a docking port when doors are open?

Yeah, this makes KSP crash every time I launch. I can get maybe five minutes of playtime between each crash after installing this.

That can be due to not enough RAM. These parts are very detailed and take up a lot of memory.

I have 6GB.

I've given up on KSP for now. It's not playable without mods, and installing mods makes it crash a ton. I wish I had never even heard of KSP at this point, maybe final will not be so ****ty?

I need that memory treatment that Leela got when Fry was killed in the meat grinder. Wheres Annie's Forgettery when you need it?

Edited by SalmonellaDingDong

Nope, 64. I have a gtx 680 and an i7 and the game is installed on a SSD. There literally is no reason for me to be having problems, but I am. I'm writing my refund request to Steam right now. If a dev replies to my support post in time maybe I won't send it. I doubt that will happen though, considering how long it's been posted for.

sent! hopefully steam honors my request.

Edited by SalmonellaDingDong

Nope, 64. I have a gtx 680 and an i7 and the game is installed on a SSD. There literally is no reason for me to be having problems, but I am. I'm writing my refund request to Steam right now. If a dev replies to my support post in time maybe I won't send it. I doubt that will happen though, considering how long it's been posted for.

this is due to ksp loading every part in your parts folder into memory even if you arent using them (i believe its for the vab/sph parts browser). the only things you can do to avoid crashes are changing texture size to half and/or removing excess parts from the parts folder or wait for ksp devs to come up with a better method to load parts..

In .cfg there is

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_stack_bottom = 0, -2.5, 0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

Actually there's another hidden parameter, attachment size. If you add "2" at the end of the line the attachment size will change to 2, like this:

node_stack_bottom = 0, -2.5, 0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

and this is how it looks in VAB:

po4Qxzq.jpg

The part is much stronger with 2!

Also note that the number is integer, so if you put "2.0" the game will crash, always write "2"

Afaik that number is only used to visualize the recommended size of attached parts and is never actually used in physics calculations. The problem with easy breakability probably lies in other parameters, Taverius is looking into that.

The Mk5 Cockpit hatch is obstructed, constantly. I cannot get people out of it....

That happens sometimes but I'm quite sure it's not caused by improper configuration of MK5 airlock. Hatch obstruction detection likes to freak out about the close ground and stuff like that, though. Exiting in vertical orientation worked flawlessly, as far as I remember. I'll look into moving the exit point just a bit higher and further from the attachment point to decrease the chance of bad collision detection.

Edited by bac9

Are there plans for an inline jet engine, or a jet engine of any sort?

There's two of them already in game.

They should design the game so that it works properly. That's their ****ing JOB.

And they're doing it, this isn't a released game, you've preordered a game that is in alpha, and the closest thing I've heard to an ETA is one dev commenting on them being at least a year from release. They're working on a rewrite for the parts code that should help this quite a bit, but I have no clue when it will be ready.

SalmonellaDingDong , I've installed this mod+KW, 303 parts in parts folder, the game work fine. I launched one of the KW stock ships (126 parts) to the suborbital trajectory with 380 km apoapsis, memory consumption was stable at 2 330 mb, CPU usage ~30%, peak RAM consumtion 2 400 mb when loading the launchpad.

Then I loaded and launched 3 another 150-part ships, and peak memory consumption was 2 440 mb at the launch pad during last launch. So, it was increasing with every launch by ~10-20 mb but there was still enough RAM left before 3 000 mb.

What kind of vessels were you building? Could you, please, upload a craft file so I could test it?

There's two of them already in game.

I meant in the style of the pack, better fit to the hulls that he has made. For example there is not a great cap for the revised Mk 2 hull he did, and the stock engines look fugly on his hulls.

I meant in the style of the pack, better fit to the hulls that he has made. For example there is not a great cap for the revised Mk 2 hull he did, and the stock engines look fugly on his hulls.

Nose cone is actually there, it's an avionics package too, so it's stored in the Control tab.

Orda, mechjeb, kethane, kw, nova, kspx, protractor, mapsat, remotesat, b9 and thats it

Oh, That's all? Well, I know that Nova and Kethane don't mix, remotsat does not like mechjeb. These tend to cause crashes no matter what the power of the computer- I have one with a dedicated graphics card, 16 gb of ram, and an i7 proscessor, and these mods kill KSP.

The eighteenth page in less than 24 hours .... wow!

I guess "the incident" has forced the release of this mod somewhat prematurely. (I'm not complaining about that!).

The designs are absolutely stunning and fitting for KSP. The B9 pack was good, the B9 R2 is even better.

Thank you for sharing it with us (design illiterates).

Oh, That's all? Well, I know that Nova and Kethane don't mix, remotsat does not like mechjeb. These tend to cause crashes no matter what the power of the computer- I have one with a dedicated graphics card, 16 gb of ram, and an i7 proscessor, and these mods kill KSP.

Since when did Nova(Punch) and Kethane not mix? I've never had issues with those two.