[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

This mod menaces with masterfully crafted spikes of solid awesome. All craftskerbship is of the highest quality.

I truly haven't ever been as excited as this for a mod.

Not even for a game!

OP, you did a fantastic job!

Never,i can believe i will find like these parts and internals to this game...your work is to another level!

My poor english are so little to transfer my big surpise,when i load your parts!!!

A phrase only: "oh my God!!!"

Thanks for you kind words and great feedback, it's very appreciated and makes all the work worth it!

I'm curious, is there any form of transition piece for the S2 between the regular body and wide body pieces? I can't seem to find the. I also would suggest some form of RCS tank when you get around to it. Those are my only concerns/questions/suggestions after having messed with it for the last couple of hours.

There is an adapter from standard S2 to wide body, it's that part with large intakes. Admittedly, I haven't designed a simple adapter as it would have looked more boring, but I promise I will add it into the next release. :) Inline docking port, too, is a great idea. I have mostly dismissed the idea of an inline port because I dislike wasting significant chunk of the fuselage for one small functional piece on top, which is especially true for large HL fuselage. But oh well, I guess small systems like MK2 and S2 could benefit from inline docking port, I'll make that.

Awesome! Found a small issue though. The S2 LFO and Fuel tanks have the same name in their part.cfg files.

Whoops. I'll release a fix shortly.

These are beautiful, but the parts don't hold together very well at all. I would say an unusual amount of flexibility along one axis, as if the parts only connect on one node. Shouldn't the fuselage connect or adhere to the adjacent part completely?

Unusual flexibility usually happens when too much lift is applied. I'll look into HW21 wing and control surfaces configuration to see if that can be fixed somehow. In the meantime, I'd recommend using struts, as usual. :)

Edited by bac9

Know what would be extremely better than awesome? If some kind soul were to figure out the FAR compatibility numbers for all the wing pieces and control surfaces, and post those stats in this thread.

I've been planning on making shuttle-style spaceplanes capable of lifting 2.5m parts inside an enclosed cargo bay, and was going to rescale Touhou Torpedo's mk3 cargo bay. It'll be much better to use your HL parts for that role. I also LOVE the compatibility with his mk4 pieces. Great idea.

Know what would be extremely better than awesome? If some kind soul were to figure out the FAR compatibility numbers for all the wing pieces and control surfaces, and post those stats in this thread.

That is being done by Taverius as we speak! He has magic calculators or some other witchcraft that allows him to get proper values. :D

That is being done by Taverius as we speak! He has magic calculators or some other witchcraft that allows him to get proper values. :D

Nice! I hurt my brain the last time I tried to figure that FAR stuff out on my own. Still haven't fully recovered.

I noticed one bug. The attach nodes for the HL Fuselage mk4 Adapter piece don't match the nodes for the actual mk4 cargo bay pieces.

Nice! I hurt my brain the last time I tried to figure that FAR stuff out on my own. Still haven't fully recovered.

I noticed one bug. The attach nodes for the HL Fuselage mk4 Adapter piece don't match the nodes for the actual mk4 cargo bay pieces.

Now THAT is unfortunate and problematic, it means MK4 probably wasn't centered by TT. I'll need to take a look at that.

Edit: found the source mesh of TT cargohold, measured the distance between our pivots and added a fix to attachment configuration. Thanks a lot for the report!

Edited by bac9

Just a question, where are the doors for the "M2 Cargo Hold Type B"? The description states that "Type B comes with functional doors".

Thank you in advance.

An updated version was uploaded to kerbalspaceprogram.com and is set to appear within minutes. I will post a link as soon as it will be available. The update fixes some config errors (mismatched MK4 adapter node, wing naming, S2 LFO tank naming, HW21 lift values), brings FAR-compliant configs and includes an additional new 1.25m to MK2 adapter as a bonus!

Just a question, where are the doors for the "M2 Cargo Hold Type B"? The description states that "Type B comes with functional doors".

Thank you in advance.

They are rolling out from above, like garage doors. You can toggle them with context menu by right-clicking on the part. Like here:

HoR6gsLm.jpg

Edited by bac9

Sorry but I have to give one big critique!

When I saw the shots, I was like.. WOOOW I could stay in this cockpit forever and never get out.. And then I see... That I don't actually "SEE"!

WHY CAN'T YOU SEE WHATS IN FRONT IN IVAs?? To me, that's the whole purpose of having cockpits.. Right? To actually see the runway you are landing on! Now it's so unenjoyable to have an IVA-only flight cause it would be instrument only..

The only solution is to lean the cockpit forward, which loses the whole fuselage smoothness.

Here's Jeb trying to strech his neck to see anything...

7sf3KZT.jpg

That's how a shuttle cockpit looks like:

255838505_3fc3b55a20_z.jpg?zz=1

mk2 cockpit is perfect... But then, there's a huge navball blocking the view.. WHYYYYYYYY????

Oh, btw.. Everything else is amazing!

Edited by nothke

Sorry but I have to give one big critique!

When I saw the shots, I was like.. WOOOW I could stay in this cockpit forever and never get out.. And then I see... That I don't actually "SEE"!

WHY CAN'T YOU SEE WHATS IN FRONT IN IVAs?? To me, that's the whole purpose of having cockpits.. Right? To actually see the runway you are landing on! Now it's so unenjoyable to have an IVA-only flight cause it would be instrument only.

How much can be seen is dictated by the size and the slope of the frontal piece, and in KSP, I'm confined to very tiny parts with no space for elevated seats or nicely turned windows.

I have set up multiple view points precisely for that. Kerbals have huge heads and they are sitting where they fit, but you can change your view point to any convenient place by double clicking on windows. S2 cockpit has 4 clickable zones (front window, 2 side windows, area between the seats), MK2 cockpit has 4 clickable zones (front window for the first pilot, top window and 2 side windows for the second pilot), and M27 cockpit has 2 clickable zones (front and top windows). Try that out! :P

To return to the normal view, press C.

Edited by bac9

OMG! Sorry sorry sorry about criticizing you! That's awesome!!!

I didn't know you could do that... Now let's prepare for IVA only flights =)

Not a problem! I should add a sticky note on yellow paper about that to every cockpit, I guess :D

Is there no internal for the MK5 cockpit? Its a shame to have all those nice internals and then not even have one for that since its probably going to be the most used one by me.

Yeah, sorry about that. It was supposed to use MK3 internal, hence the same window layout, but as you can see, developers haven't yet modeled MK3 interior at all. In the meantime, you can install MK3 interior by TouhouTorpedo and link that internal to MK5 cockpit instead.

Yeah, sorry about that. It was supposed to use MK3 internal, hence the same window layout, but as you can see, developers haven't yet modeled MK3 interior at all. In the meantime, you can google MK3 interior by TouhouTorpedo and link that internal to MK5 cockpit instead.

I had a feeling that's what you was thinking. Do you Plan on doing an internal for it or you waiting to see what the devs do when they redo the aero parts?

Loving the parts anyhow, especially the internals and cargo bays.

I love this pack, it's awesome! Thought I should let you know I made the video as it's about your stuff so here we go, if you don't like it I'll take it down or whatever.
Thanks for the awesome pack!

They aren't meant to be radially attached, but you can easily use new radial node thing from 0.19 to add them wherever you want. :)

I had a feeling that's what you was thinking. Do you Plan on doing an internal for it or you waiting to see what the devs do when they redo the aero parts?

Loving the parts anyhow, especially the internals and cargo bays.

Probably not, at least not in the near future. I'm fairly loaded at work at the moment. :)

Edited by bac9