[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Are the plane parts working with FAR correctly? My planes seem to lose control a lot with this pack using FAR, but when I'm not using FAR they work fine.

the latest B9 download had 2 part folders, one says FAR on it, you need those parts for it to work.

The download link in the first post was updated to hosted archive with the new version of the mod. Spaceport is sure slow, link to it will arrive later. The update fixes some config errors (mismatched MK4 adapter node, wing naming, S2 LFO tank naming, HW21 lift values), brings FAR-compliant configs by Taverius and includes an additional new 1.25m to MK2 adapter as a bonus! In the meantime, use link above, it contains the updated version.

VV7wt.gif

This is incredible pack! Why the Squad didn't hire you yet?

Probably his parts look too hi-tech for the whole "Early space age" vibe KSP uses. :D Even our real life current constructions are far from looking so sleek and advanced. But something like this should be included in career mode, to better show technological progress of the space program - though as purely graphic fluff i don't expect it to be made anytime soon (if ever ;.;).

Since I enthusiastically loath mods with ready made planes, shuttles, orbiters, arms and what ever I can only applaud a mod like this. It looks GREAT and it offers an endless supply of possibilities.

Two things I mislike, now that I've tried the pack.

- Jet engines need to go on unsightly pods of vanilla parts.

- No proper landing gear, aside from the VTOL legs.

Landing gear you can work around, using TohouTorpedo's Modular & Omni-wheel pack (though, again with the unsightly vanilla pods), but the jet engines are a bit of a shame.

Unless I completely missed where I can attach my engines. In which case, carry on!

Two things I mislike, now that I've tried the pack.

- Jet engines need to go on unsightly pods of vanilla parts.

- No proper landing gear, aside from the VTOL legs.

Landing gear you can work around, using TohouTorpedo's Modular & Omni-wheel pack (though, again with the unsightly vanilla pods), but the jet engines are a bit of a shame.

Unless I completely missed where I can attach my engines. In which case, carry on!

Landing gear is a problematic subject. Existing impementation lacks steering, and rover wheel implementation is not supporting retraction, so basically I can't make a gear with a functionality I want. I recommend Taverio Pizza and Aerospace mod for tons of landing gear sizes, it looks better than using rover wheels.

Jet engines (and air intakes) should be added indeed and are planned, but I need to wrap my head around making them look good while maintaining modularity (they have to look fitting in every attachment position which is super hard). At the moment, only that huge inline intake is available, unfortunately.

Probably his parts look too hi-tech for the whole "Early space age" vibe KSP uses. :D Even our real life current constructions are far from looking so sleek and advanced. But something like this should be included in career mode, to better show technological progress of the space program - though as purely graphic fluff i don't expect it to be made anytime soon (if ever ;.;).

One of the devs mentioned once that there will be few "eras" in the career mode - early space age (50-60), middle space age (60-80), late (80-90), modern (90-2010) and futuristic (2020+) or something like this.

Besides: COMPUTER!

eibV7MW.jpg

Mr. bac9, you've just won the KSP :applause:

Besides: COMPUTER!

eibV7MW.jpg

Mr. bac9, you've just won the KSP :applause:

Mr. Computer runs on witchcraft and all credit for that alien technology goes to Snjo. Wouldn't be possible without his Firespitter.dll plugin. :)

(By the way, you can press buttons and use different menus, woah, right?)

As soon as I spawn in, the aircraft decides to insta-wreck itself, as the wings find themselves flying exploding suddenly, along with the tail assembly. I am using the FAR-version and this occurs.

What's in the mission log?

Impressive pack, cockpits and computers are fabulous (except the Mk2 cockpit that makes my computer lag...)! Now vessels made with other addons look like toys...

The main problem is with the cargo bays which don't hold together, though.

What's in the mission log?

It appears to be the wings disconnecting themselves from the fuselage. Testing it with just the fuselage it works fine. Testing with the wings results in them instacolliding with the surface, and then it explodes suddenly, as it says it crashes.

As soon as I spawn in, the aircraft decides to insta-wreck itself, as the wings find themselves flying exploding suddenly, along with the tail assembly. I am using the FAR-version and this occurs.

I was kinda being rushed when I did the FAR stuff (no names) I'll double-check them in a few minutes.

There appears to be a bug with one of the parts, MK2 to 1.25 adapter specifically. When I first put my plane together in the hangar, it looked fine. However, when I enter the game, it gets swapped for the wrong part like this and when I get back to the hangar, the wrong part is still there.

Anyway, a minor glitch in an otherwise superb mod. Keep up the good work!

yeah pretty slick. coupla things I found. the description for the mk5 says its a mk3. also whenever I do the iva for the mk5 I get a blank wall.

somebody was saying you cant radially attach the vtol engines you can if you change the attachRules in the part.cfg.

There appears to be a bug with one of the parts, MK2 to 1.25 adapter specifically. When I first put my plane together in the hangar, it looked fine. However, when I enter the game, it gets swapped for the wrong part like this and when I get back to the hangar, the wrong part is still there.

Anyway, a minor glitch in an otherwise superb mod. Keep up the good work!

Sorry about that, forgot to assign a unique system name to that adapter. Fixed it, will be uploaded once kerbalspaceport wakes up.

It appears to be when I put the wings together, it bugs out. When I have them each separately tested, they work fine.

Could you link a craft where the problem occurs? It'll help figure out wtf is happening here, thanks :)